Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

mosella apollo kit roost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mosella apollo kit roost

Hi guys,have any of you used one of these? I like the look of them,and they're half the price of a milo rocket launcher,but I'm not sure if a couple of rods would fit on aswell as top kits,as the holes in the rear piece don't look bit enough to hold a rod butt. Has anyone seen one? It's hard to get a perspective from pictures.
    Any advice appreciated as always ;-)
    Team south- 2014 talk angling inter regional team champs
    Alwight tweacle?

Bttt
    Alwight tweacle?

Comment

Just looked it up Paul.
      My only concern would be the front holder does not grip the top kits, my gut reaction would be if a strong wind got underneath them then it might cause problems with breakages at the bottom holder.
      Just a thought mate.
      On the gathering storm comes a tall handsome man, in a dusty black coat and red right hand.

Comment

I've seen 1 in use there are brill and will be buying 1
        Foul hooking king

Comment

Valid point,spadger-i may be better to stick with the pro roost then I guess,it's pretty solid,but it has to be flat otherwise the top kits slide down. Thanks chaps ;-)
          Alwight tweacle?

Comment

Why not just use a long feeder arm with a gripping pole roost in the end, and knock up a base section for the top kits from some drilled ABS pipe screwed to the feeder arm near the box clamp?

Bet it would take up less space than that mossella thing? Looks alot of till for what it is !
            [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Half man, half Octoplus, half bean wannabe test pilot.

Comment

Silverfish.
              In principle they are sound and i can see the appeal in them, good price etc..
              But they fall down imo in that they do not grip the top kits.
              I have seen, as you probably have top kits being blown all over the place by strong winds off roosts that do not grip.
              With the lower section being held in a tube type arrangement, i think you would be looking for trouble in a strong wind.
              On the gathering storm comes a tall handsome man, in a dusty black coat and red right hand.

Comment

Luke you are fast becoming the Peter Purves of this site mate.
                Heres one i made earlier.

Comment

Is it any wonder, the prices these tackle companies charge? daylight robbery!

The rests for top kits, what do you do with the line etc, when they are in the rest? hook them into the base of the top kit, or some gadget that sits on the kit for the hook to go onto?

If a few more people spent some time making thier own bits, we'd have more money to spend on beer!
                  [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

I just put mine on the deck mate.

Comment

Dont they all get tangled up in the wind?

Or did you mean the whole top kit?
                      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Hook them on the bottom of the top kit,luke. Job done.
                        Last edited by paul k; 1 September 2010, 05:03 PM. Reason: doh!
                        Alwight tweacle?

Comment

Working...
                        X