Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

latex elastic issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• latex elastic issue

yesterday i changed over the no 10 preston latex and today when fishing i got a decent fish on around 14lb and after i had it on for around 15mins the elastic snapped ,then on a closer look at the elastic it had become really brittle and i was not impressed at all.anyone give me some advcie please

if it was new elastic you brought id take it back
    [SIZE=7][/SIZE][SIZE=7][/SIZE][SIZE=1][/SIZE][SIZE="6"][SIZE=1][SIZE=7]malman floats[COLOR="#FF0000"][/COLOR][SIZE=5][/SIZE][B][/B][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][COLOR="#0000CD"][/COLOR]

Comment

are you using solid or hollow ?

i tend to use hollow elastic but it must be checked after every session, and changed after a few month, this will provent loosing them vital fish that you may need to land.

the only solid latex i use is prestons slip for when i double up for when it just comes out of winter, as there is some resistance there if need be but also nice and soft for the littler carp.

and the other solid latex elastic that i have adored this year has to be the Sensas Magic Natural Pole Elastic, i have used size 12 for my fishing, this has mainly been for match fishing catching f1's from 10oz to mirrors to 13lb and it works an absolute dream! I would opt for the size 12 for this time of year, but size 14 is also truly amazing! The elastic has a strength factor upto 700% so can cover any type of fishing. For £2-3 for a 7meter long spool, what more could you ask for, for the price?

i hope my help does help you ian!

thanks,
      ryan
      Last edited by Ryan Middleton; 3 September 2010, 01:15 AM.

Comment

it might of been rubbing on something under the water, if you had it on for 15 mins . i use it all the time and never had a problem, but id use 14 or 16 for fish that size. cheers
        :confused: WOW, things have changed.:confused:

Comment

Originally posted by mark(wilf) williams View Post
          it might of been rubbing on something under the water, if you had it on for 15 mins . i use it all the time and never had a problem, but id use 14 or 16 for fish that size. cheers
          cheers mate ,that size fish it not the norm on there mark ,when you look at the elastic now it all looks fine and smooth but if you stretch it it breals very easy ,its as though its been over loaded if that makes sence
          ian

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan Middleton View Post
            are you using solid or hollow ?

i tend to use hollow elastic but it must be checked after every session, and changed after a few month, this will provent loosing them vital fish that you may need to land.

the only solid latex i use is prestons slip for when i double up for when it just comes out of winter, as there is some resistance there if need be but also nice and soft for the littler carp.

and the other solid latex elastic that i have adored this year has to be the Sensas Magic Natural Pole Elastic, i have used size 12 for my fishing, this has mainly been for match fishing catching f1's from 10oz to mirrors to 13lb and it works an absolute dream! I would opt for the size 12 for this time of year, but size 14 is also truly amazing! The elastic has a strength factor upto 700% so can cover any type of fishing. For £2-3 for a 7meter long spool, what more could you ask for, for the price?

i hope my help does help you ian!

thanks,
            ryan
            hi ryan
            the elastic i was using was preston slip size 10 ,this was the first time of using it as only got it 2 days ago ,there is no rough ness on the elastic to the touch but if you stretch it not its breaking very easy ,its at though it been stretched to over load
            if that makes sence

Comment

I'd take it back to the shop,mate and get it replaced,but make sure you check the new one before you leave the shop,as it could well be a bad batch,or old stock. Could even have been stored somewhere hot I guess and got damaged this way. Either way it shouldn't be breaking that easily.
              Team south- 2014 talk angling inter regional team champs
              Alwight tweacle?

Comment

i got some maver dual core today so will give that a go over the weekend see how i get on with it!!1

Comment

ahh right i get you ian well im sure that the dual core will provide you with more comfort when fishing as you will know that it will not just break on you!

i looked for ages to try and find the old 12-20 dual core but had no success, untill i looked in a tackle shop i dont use, and found that maver had remade it and named it "retro" this is also really good elastic and is also worth a go

thanks,
                  ryan

Comment

Working...
                  X