Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Ultimate Low Loader Trolley

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ultimate Low Loader Trolley

Hello. Just had a puncture and it was almost impossble to remove the tyre from the wheel wihout the aid of some large lever/screwdrivers.It is now proving impossible to replace the tyre using muscle power,have sent an e-mail to ultimate with no reply.Am i being unreasonable to expect to be able to remove a tyre and repair a puncture easily whilst i am out fishing.Thought i would share this with anyone who has the Ultimate Low Loader Trolley.
    Thanks col.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

There used to be a repair system where you could insert a rubber plug, without taking the tyre off, meant only as a temporary repair on tubeless car tyres, wonder if they are still around. Think they had a speed limit of around 50 mph so you would have to slow down a bit Col

www.polefloatsbyjasonelwell.co.uk

Comment

Brian G. The Grand children demand faster faster Grandad, i am not allowed to slow down giving them rides.
      Col.
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Here you go Col The Tubeless Revolution - Repairing Punctures: A Breeze on Tubeless Tyres all you need is to find a supplier

www.polefloatsbyjasonelwell.co.uk

Comment

Thank's, have been told Halfords do a liquid for cycle tyres,i still find it annoying that such a simple problem has given me this much grief.
          Col.
          [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

try tyreweld,col. it works on cars and bikes,so should be fine. you just put it on the valve and squirt and it seals the tyre up.
            Team south- 2014 talk angling inter regional team champs
            Alwight tweacle?

Comment

At $£"$%^%$£" last tonight got the tyre back on wheel using hands/elbows/knees/levers.Many thanks to Ultimate for total lack of response to two e-mails,your customer support was not what i had hoped.
              Thank You Col.
              [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

I managed to explode the wheel on my Ultimate Platform Barrow. Ultimate were really helpfull, they accepted that it was probably a faulty wheel and got me a replacement quickly.
                A lot of modern wheels, especially the plastics ones are a real pain to fit tyres to. It is best done with the wheel clamped in some way so that you can get good leverage on the tyre. Better to put the stuff in the tyre that seals the puncture, or take the wheel to the tyre centre to get the puncture fixed.

Comment

Well my mate got the Preston shuttle but says he wished he'd chosen the Ultimate. The option to use it in one or two wheel mode was his reason. Seems like the Preston is not so hot over rough terrain where a one wheel set up would perform better.

Comment

Working...
                  X