Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Brilo Scotthorn Seatbox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brilo Scotthorn Seatbox

I must admit to being a tackle tart !although i prefer to call it an ongoing search for perfection !.

My weakness is seat boxes ,thinking of changing yet again i was asking yesturday about the Match box s class.

The other one of interest is the Brilo Scotthorn,you never see these down south so only have thier web site to view.

Any members use one of these and any views pos or neg ?.I have been spoilt by milo gel seat the Brilo seat does not look as good ?. cheers.

There is one of these for sale on here somewhere i think
    Colin

Comment

if you look on md website there is a thread on the brilo, with pics. it looks lovely.
      :confused: WOW, things have changed.:confused:

Comment

Originally posted by mark(wilf) williams View Post
        if you look on md website there is a thread on the brilo, with pics. it looks lovely.
        HI MARK whats md site ? cheers

Comment

Maggotdrowning.com i presume
          Starbeck Angling Club

[url]http://steveluptonfishing.blogspot.com/[/url]

Comment

yes mate, The Maggotdrowners Forum - Brilo Box - The Bentley of Seat Boxes
            :confused: WOW, things have changed.:confused:

Comment

I have had two Brilo Scotthorne boxes the first 7 years ago was fantastic then i jumped on the Rive bandwagon, I recently purchased another Scotthorne direct from Brilo - since owning a larger box i just could not get on with the Brilo.

Plus points: very compact box, loads of drawers and space, very well made, built to last & can be made up to suit your own specifications!!!

Bad points: Pole seat very uncomfortable, the box tends to want to tip up when being carried, i had the base unit built on top of the frame could not be removed when wading or for a lighter carry!!

If you do look at buying a Brilo i would strongly recommend that you purchse double extending legs for it, i would also ask for the base unit to be fitted under the frame NOT on top - gives you a bit more flexibility!!

A similar sized box that ticks all boxes (excuse the pun) is the Fox MSB 1 - worth having a look!!

Comment

Originally posted by SimonP View Post
                I have had two Brilo Scotthorne boxes the first 7 years ago was fantastic then i jumped on the Rive bandwagon, I recently purchased another Scotthorne direct from Brilo - since owning a larger box i just could not get on with the Brilo.
                Cheers simon,i was concerned that the seat did not look that comfortable,my situation the reverse of yours IE i had match box changed to the milo but found it to big.

Comment

Not spending your money for you mick (LOL)

But the Fox MSB boxes are great pieces of kit, compact, well made, well thought out, very comfortable gel seat, very versatile take a look at one!!

Comment

Originally posted by SimonP View Post
                    Not spending your money for you mick (LOL)

But the Fox MSB boxes are great pieces of kit, compact, well made, well thought out, very comfortable gel seat, very versatile take a look at one!!
                    Cheers simon will do

Comment

I have a Brilo Scotthorne and its a brilliant well made box, but as Simon has said its a little top heavy when carrying which can cause the front drawers to open and the contents go everywhere(twice) the elite removable base is best, the seat isn't nearly as comfy as Milo ones. I replaced the footplate and legs with Matchbox ones as the Brilo's have fixed feet which are great on flat concrete banks but no good anywhere else and the footplate isn't big enough. Apart from these few minor things the boxes are very well made and will last forever. I am considering ordering the elite base and frame for mine £97 inc p&p. I am also considering ordering a new Milo Superba 1010 as i really miss my gel seat and to be fair there is no sign of my a**e getting any smaller.

Comment

Working...
                      X