Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Preston Elasticated Method Feeders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Preston Elasticated Method Feeders

Are these as good as the inline method feeders from preston?
    And how would i go about setting one up?
    Cheers
    Connor
    Last edited by connor; 9 September 2010, 08:58 AM.
    [CENTER][B][SIZE=1]Connor Beresford[/SIZE][/B]
    [COLOR="red"][B]Match and Coarse Fishing for Beginners and Juniors [/B][/COLOR]
    [URL="www.castandhope.webs.com/"]Home - Cast and Hope Angling[/URL]
    [COLOR="red"][B]Sonubaits 'Fin Perfect' Feed Pellet Review![/B][/COLOR][/CENTER]

The laggy is crap always breaks changed them to hydro and the r fine now

Comment

A lot of waters ban the elasticated feeders,as they are classed as a bolt rig,connor. I always use the inline-much safer for the fish if you snap off,and just as effective.
      Team south- 2014 talk angling inter regional team champs
      Alwight tweacle?

Comment

I found with the elasticated feeder, i didnt loose as many fish by either getting broke or hook pulls. The elastic absorbs the lunges you see, but if your mainline was to get broke on a fish you leave a fish trailing a feeder which id expect can kill them, As long as you use a nice soft action rod with the inline one your just as well off imo

Comment

oh and to set one up you can just tie your mainline to the plactic hole at the top, and your hooklength to the ring at the bottom of the elastic, or us snap-links through these holes etc

Comment

I like the elasticated preston feeders but as Aidan has already said the fitted elastic really is crap. I replace it with 15 hollow or black hydro.

Comment

Ok cheers.
              I get snapped off a bit on the 6lb line so i just wanted to use the elasticated one as a shock absorber in a way.
              there is no way you can target a certain species in my local as there is everything under the sun. so i will probably buy an elasticated and an inline one in the small size. Cheers for the advice,
              Connor
              [COLOR="red"][B]Sonubaits 'Fin Perfect' Feed Pellet Review![/B][/COLOR][/CENTER]

Comment

the kobra method feeders are the best elasticated you can buy they are a bit dearer but well worth the money and i would up your main line to 8lb if i were you i got my feeders off the kobra web site free postage if you buy a tenners worth and they also sent me a free mould but i did get a lot of them hope this helps

Comment

Originally posted by connor View Post
                  I get snapped off a bit on the 6lb lineConnor
                  Set your clutch a bit lighter then.

Comment

Originally posted by droid View Post
                    Set your clutch a bit lighter then.
                    Trust me you have never seen how much i try to play a fish and like to use the clutch and back reel.
                    But i will take everyones advice. cheers

Comment

Elasticated feeders i would advice 10 even 12lbs main line to try to eliminate leaving fish towing rig around
                      personaly i stopped using them years ago & prefer in line
                      The elastic always seemed to make the playing of the fish Very Vague to me it was realy hard to judge what was on the hook until it popped up in front of me
                      Colin

Comment

Working...
                      X