Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Which waggler??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which waggler??

Being quite new, and not totally clued up, I request some advice please

I want a waggler rod, well I'd like one more like, but which one? I've had a read and see mention of river ones carp ones and pellet ones do I need to buy all 3 or will one do the job? I plan on fishing river and still water, maybe try my hand at a local match when I get comfortable with what I'm doing etc.

Cheers in advance
    Baits designed and proven to catch fish, not anglers

[URL]http://www.miraclebaits.com/[/URL]

Hi mate,it would be hard to get one rod for all purposes,as you need different characteristics for each job really. For a pellet wag rod you need one that's ideally 11' or thereabouts,for short chucks on a commercial,but a rod for trotting on a river would need to be at least 13' with a more tippy action. Also depends on your budget. You could probably get away with a fairly powerful all round waggler rod of 12',to start with to be honest.
    Team south- 2014 talk angling inter regional team champs
    Alwight tweacle?

Comment

Go for a 13ft standard action rod , you can fish all sorts of methods ie river waggler & stick , stillwater slider & waggler , & also use it for pellet waggler fishing & winter carp waggler fishing! as you get more experienced, you can get more rods more suited to the style of fishing you want to do.

Comment

Garbolino rockets are good for the price
        [CENTER][B][SIZE=1]Connor Beresford[/SIZE][/B]
        [COLOR="red"][B]Match and Coarse Fishing for Beginners and Juniors [/B][/COLOR]
        [URL="www.castandhope.webs.com/"]Home - Cast and Hope Angling[/URL]
        [COLOR="red"][B]Sonubaits 'Fin Perfect' Feed Pellet Review![/B][/COLOR][/CENTER]

Comment

shakespeare 11ft xt micro nice rod

Comment

Hi m8 there,s a " Maver Powerlite Match " [ 11/13FT ] in the for sale section [ 7th sept] lovely rod comes with 11ft+ 13ft butt,s will cover most situation,s up at £70 ,should get it for £60 maybe Good Luck !!!
            MR. BLUE SKY

Comment

Good shout,goff! Versatile rod,that ;-)
              Alwight tweacle?

Comment

Cheers for all the suggestions, off to look at for sale section etc.

Out of interest and this probably is a right royal newbies dumb question but I have a Maver Genesis 13' Match rod, now with this would I still need a dedicated waggle rod? also given the time of year and winter is coming would I get use of a pellet waggler?
                Baits designed and proven to catch fish, not anglers

[URL]http://www.miraclebaits.com/[/URL]

Comment

To be honest,your maver should be a good all round waggler rod,if you're not planning on doing any pellet wag,just use that-it'll be fine for waggler and stick float.
                  Alwight tweacle?

Comment

Working...
                  X