Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

What barrow?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What barrow?

Hi as a Senior angler(age that is) at the end of a session I am totally knackered with humpin all my tackle so a barrow has gotta be a serious consideration,but which one? I have been looking at the Preston Shuttle but would appreciate any comments on it or other barrows of similar price.

Hi mate,I know the feeling! Too much tackle,too many smokes and too many pies in my case! I've got the preston shuttle,and it is very good over flat ground,although some people say they're not the best over rough ground. I find it nice and easy in general,with the added bonus of being able to stash your rod holdall on the top. (I'm still knackered when I get back to the car after a long walk,though!)
    Team south- 2014 talk angling inter regional team champs
    Alwight tweacle?

Comment

Ive now completed my awayday kit, 1 bag 1 holdall and a chair,and still ended up with back ache after the last session,so have had to invest in a basic trolley off flea bay,the one ive got is a straight forward stack truck rtyle bout does the job well,a similar model is available on the bay under the brand name Koala for under £20.00.
      Attached Files
      Take nothing but photographs,leave nothing but footprints.

Comment

i use this one ! iTS GREAT OVER FLAT OR RUFF GROUND NO WORRIES . iT also makes things seem lighter due to the design and ofcource its balance........Fox trakta.............. folds away flat as a pancake as well ..............
        FOX TRAKTA BARROW

I get a 1mtr x1mtr platform ,rive st, plovdiv match bag[the massive one] net bag ,side tray, buckets and pole bag pluss on it and it moves like a hot knife through butter!
        Last edited by andrew65; 14 September 2010, 07:44 AM.

Comment

Preston space shuttle spreads the load fantastically well, you will feel like your pushing a third of the weight

Comment

depends how much money you can justify for a trolley alot of my mates use a electric powerwalker costs a fair bit but all you have to do is guide it and it goes itself making 80 peg walk a breeze

Comment

Thanks lads for all the replies and advice. Talked to a lad in the pub (he's got an Ultimate low loader) and says it is a Preston shuttle clone but better and cheaper. I know cheapest is not always best and would love a Fox Trakta but too many pennies . Its gonna be a toss up between the Preston and Climax,not heard many bad comments about either although I think the Preston had some wheel issues in the early days.

Comment

Originally posted by hurricane View Post
                Ive now completed my awayday kit, 1 bag 1 holdall and a chair,and still ended up with back ache after the last session,so have had to invest in a basic trolley off flea bay,the one ive got is a straight forward stack truck rtyle bout does the job well,a similar model is available on the bay under the brand name Koala for under £20.00.
                LOL @ the Hurricane 'signature' cans of strongbow....

Maybe you should ditch fishing and take up archery?
                [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Half man, half Octoplus, half bean wannabe test pilot.

Comment

Originally posted by luke carpstalker View Post
                  LOL @ the Hurricane 'signature' cans of strongbow....

Maybe you should ditch fishing and take up archery?
                  I thought to myself,shall i airbrush em out,to save any clever dick making a remark??? no lets see who does,,,,,, no surprises then
                  Take nothing but photographs,leave nothing but footprints.

Comment

Dude, it's a given!
                    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Half man, half Octoplus, half bean wannabe test pilot.

Comment

Working...
                    X