Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

line recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• line recommendations

could anyone recommend a good brand of line for making up pole rigs
    in about the +6llb b/s
    and also a good brand of line for hook lengths
    thanks

any good quality rig line will do, i myself use silstar

Comment

Its all down to prefernce you'll get differnet answers off everyone, i've used Preston Powerline and Shimano Silk Shock to good effect but have eventually settled on Ultima Power Match, the 0.16 in this snaps at just over 6lb I think
      Starbeck Angling Club

[url]http://steveluptonfishing.blogspot.com/[/url]

Comment

For my pole rigs, i use maxima line.

Comment

Tried many but keep going back to W B Clarke match line which used to be Silstar, brilliant for rigs & hooklengths.
          John

Comment

Shimano silk shock,preston powerline and fox micro plus are all top lines for rigs and hooklengths,but as already stated-everyone has their personal preferences. I've just started using silk shock and it seems very good so far. I bought some milo match carp line off ebay a while back,which I found terrible to use and awful for knots-they kept damaging the line no matter how much I wet it-never had that trouble before or since.
            Team south- 2014 talk angling inter regional team champs
            Alwight tweacle?

Comment

Rig lines Genesis hook lengths Sarfix DNA or Trabucco diamond.
              I have an incidental on my left shoulder, he's always there, he's my friend.
              He says he gives me good advice. does he ?

Comment

Working...
              X