Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Cup Kit or Elasticate?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cup Kit or Elasticate?

I just ordered a power top 2 from matchman supplies for my sr1 im getting.
    What im wondering is if i would be better elasticating it or using it as a cup kit or i should just get a catty to solve that problem?
    Cheers
    Connor
    [CENTER][B][SIZE=1]Connor Beresford[/SIZE][/B]
    [COLOR="red"][B]Match and Coarse Fishing for Beginners and Juniors [/B][/COLOR]
    [URL="www.castandhope.webs.com/"]Home - Cast and Hope Angling[/URL]
    [COLOR="red"][B]Sonubaits 'Fin Perfect' Feed Pellet Review![/B][/COLOR][/CENTER]

I don't have a designated top kit for use as a cupping kit, I use a swing cup that allows it to fit on any top kit I have spare.
    I have an incidental on my left shoulder, he's always there, he's my friend.
    He says he gives me good advice. does he ?

Comment

Connor, I converted my cupping kit back to a power kit. Middy do a great set of click on pole pots for pennies, the small one is too small for most uses for me, so I am going to convert it into a bigger cup for groundbait.

Always have a spare top kit with you when you are out. The matchmen seem to need about 20!

Jethro, what's the swing cup jobbie you mention?
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Half man, half Octoplus, half bean wannabe test pilot.

Comment

I like the drennan cups the transparent ones because i like to see how its presented. How do the middy cups work just clip into end of top kit?
        [COLOR="red"][B]Sonubaits 'Fin Perfect' Feed Pellet Review![/B][/COLOR][/CENTER]

Comment

the middy cups do clip in they can be a bit of a nightmare as well sometimes,much prefer the screw in cups.

Comment

Originally posted by connor View Post
            I just ordered a power top 2 from matchman supplies for my sr1 im getting.
            What im wondering is if i would be better elasticating it or using it as a cup kit or i should just get a catty to solve that problem?
            Cheers
            Connor
            To be honest you need both!! Extra top kits are essential so I would suggest using the genuine top kit as an extra top kit and if you can afford it I would buy something like the Drennan Universal Cupping kit which is about £23. For accurate feeding you will definately need a cupping kit or as somebody else said a method of fixing a larger cup to your top kits temporarily.
            Hope this helps!
            Graham
            [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Hi connor, cupping kits are for potting a lot of bait in accurately, so you will need one in the course of your pole fishing! but i would elasticate the new power top & use a "kinder cup" fitted to your top kit as you are fishing, as you can put a fair bit of bait in with these! you can make these quite easily out of kinder eggs(the plastic bit) by making a hole & sliding it on your pole tip about 6ins from tip! also dont ignore your catty as its also a great way to feed with the pole, when fishing shallow especially. hope this helps mate . Phil.

Comment

I think the pole comes with 2 power kits and a match kit,connor,the match kits go up to a size 14 laccy,so you can still use this for carp (not margin mauling,mind you!) So you can use the new kit as a cup kit and have 3 kits left. Or even use the match kit as a cupping kit? Not with a huge cup,though. And have 3 power kits to use.
                Decisions,decisions! ;-)
                Team south- 2014 talk angling inter regional team champs
                Alwight tweacle?

Comment

I'd have as many kits elasticated as you can, this way you have more choice when you get to the bank, turning up to fish for silvers with a 16 elastic, purely becasue its your only top won't do the job properly. To get around it though, just like making a kinder cup, do this but with a large lid off a shaving foam can or similar. so have a rig set up on your newly elasticated top kit and just slide the big pot on when you want to big pot. This might take a minute of faffing but generally you only big pot to kick start a session, top up, or when things arent going your way anyway so shouldnt disrupt your rhythm too much!
                  Starbeck Angling Club

[url]http://steveluptonfishing.blogspot.com/[/url]

Comment

Im thinking an 8 elastic in the match kit. An 18-20 in one power kit a 14-16 in another and a cup kit?

Comment

Sounds sensible,mate
                      Team south- 2014 talk angling inter regional team champs
                      Alwight tweacle?

Comment

Yeah that gives you a nice even spread of strength so you can get away with fishing for most species.
                        Starbeck Angling Club

[url]http://steveluptonfishing.blogspot.com/[/url]

Comment

Originally posted by luke carpstalker View Post
                          Connor, I converted my cupping kit back to a power kit. Middy do a great set of click on pole pots for pennies, the small one is too small for most uses for me, so I am going to convert it into a bigger cup for groundbait.

Always have a spare top kit with you when you are out. The matchmen seem to need about 20!

Jethro, what's the swing cup jobbie you mention?
                          Luke swing pots were made by Seymo, I don't know if they still make em but there easy enough to make.
                          If you need to know I'll PM you.

Comment

Like this?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Half man, half Octoplus, half bean wannabe test pilot.

Comment

No Luke a swing pot does what it says there the only types I can use. Other kinds empty as I'm shipping out, if I could put a picture up I would but I'm not capable.

Comment

Working...
                              X