Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Good Feeder line advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Feeder line advice

Hiya all,

Looking for advice on feeder line about 5 to 6lb. I have some ultima power but it apears to just unwind of the spool, Pain in the butt and causes tangles. I dont have to much on the spool so could it be the line is crap? Should i go for a softer line?

personally i would buy some Maxima Monofilament Fishing Line its cheap enuff and use the power line hook length that's my view

Comment

Daiwa Sensor 6 or 8lb. You get a bloody load of it for the money. Top stuff
      Warm Guinness is better than no Guinness at all!

Comment

If for normal commercial work / river work where a it pays to have a bit of stretch in the line then maxima & daiwa sensor are probably the best, as stated above the sensor line is around eight quid a spool and comes with 2320mtrs on it!!

If fishing for bream / skimmers on the tip, i use Tubertini Feeder or Preston Direct Mono - both have been designed to stretch less and show up bites better (supposed to be half way between braid and mono lines)

Comment

Working...
        X