Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Preston Innovations supply problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Preston Innovations supply problems

Hello

A lot of Preston stuff seems to be in short supply or simply not available. Someone told me that a while back, one of Preston's suppliers decided to sell the same stuff under their own branding. Does anyone know what this company is called and how I can get in touch with them?

Cheers
    Warm Guinness is better than no Guinness at all!

sounds like its a can of Worms
    Colin

Comment

I should think it's maybe ultimate or avanti......allegedly ;-)
      Although the quality is not in the same league as preston. Buy cheap-buy twice.
      Team south- 2014 talk angling inter regional team champs
      Alwight tweacle?

Comment

my local shop is also experiencing the same issue with Preston terminal gear,
        Effort = Reward.

Comment

But whats it to do with BRANDLINGS??
          Colin

Comment

Originally posted by BIG COL View Post
            But whats it to do with BRANDLINGS??
            Doh!..... don't give up the day job Colin

Comment

Originally posted by paul k View Post
              I've had some Preston stuff and wouldn't rave about it's "quality". They may have produced good stuff in the beginning, but like a lot of other sell-out companies, quality went out the window when production was shipped over to China

Comment

In my experience, buy Preston buy a different brand.

Comment

Originally posted by BarbelSlayer View Post
                  I've had some Preston stuff and wouldn't rave about it's "quality". They may have produced good stuff in the beginning, but like a lot of other sell-out companies, quality went out the window when production was shipped over to China
                  Put a preston space station next to an ultimate low loader and compare the quality,mate-you get what you pay for,you really do. If preston was such bad quality,it wouldn't be used by so many anglers on the bank,it's everywhere. People vote with their feet,and tom pickering and des shipp wouldn't endorse it if it was that bad,surely?
                  Alwight tweacle?

Comment

Doh!..... don't give up the day job Colin
                    I already have
                    Preston imitations regularly have supply problems throughout the year .
                    Always have always will its down to the way they order and shipping times.
                    Shops sometimes have more stuff on back order than they have in stock
                    Colin

Comment

If someone is prepared to chuck a few bob his way Tom will endorse anything,
                      Hes A true Yorkshire man
                      Colin

Comment

Originally posted by droid View Post
                        In my experience, buy Preston buy a different brand.
                        Would you care to expand on that matey? Reason I ask is, I recently bought a new Preston Space Station SX II box and was so disappointed with the quality and design faults, I sent it back without using it.

Comment

tom pickering and des shipp wouldn't endorse it if it was that bad,surely?
                          i think you would find that most anglers seeking sponsorship would readily sell their soles to the highest bidder -there have been countless occasions where TOP anglers have endorsed poor products by their sponsors -having said that i think in general preston stuff is pretty good.

the main reasons preston stuff is in short supply -preston keep their ordering/purchasing quantities pretty tight -they slightly under order their forecasted sales -which is good business -the problem that has hit them hard though - is there has been alot of unrest in the labour market in china - lots of strikes against the pittance they get paid-many are migrant workers from the countryside who have just gone home -it has effected the production companies preston buy off, many companies have moved their production to vietnam because of this.

Comment

I can't think of any bad preston stuff I've bought,to be honest! Carbonactive mini 11' pellet wag rod is one of the best rods I've ever used,pr36 and 38 hooks are top quality,reflo powerline,pole support-people love the pxr 3000 reels too! I could go on. I have heard a few negative things about the boxes,though. But,I've been trying to get one of the small hooklength boxes in a few of my tackle shops,they all say "they're due in any day!" Lol.
                            Alwight tweacle?

Comment

Would you care to expand on that matey? Reason I ask is, I recently bought a new Preston Space Station SX II box and was so disappointed with the quality and design faults, I sent it back without using it.
                              Have a gander at my thread in the Sales section.

The quality of execution of their gear appears to be the wrong side of 'shoddy'.

Aaaah.
                              You already have.....lol
                              Last edited by droid; 20 September 2010, 07:23 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X