Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

pop rivet gun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pop rivet gun

hello all,

can you recommend me a good pop rivet gun for riveting aluminium, also do you know where i can purchase the black anodised rivets from and do you have any tips for me as i have never used one before

thanks in advance.

regards shooter

The best pop guns by far are made by gesipa, you should be able to get rivets in small quantities from ebay.

Is it for the 007 seatbox ?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Half man, half Octoplus, half bean wannabe test pilot.

Comment

Yes it is mate LOL

Comment

Do you think this is suitable Luke

BRAND NEW STANLEY (MR99) RIVET GUN on eBay (end time 22-Sep-10 23:26:31 BST)

Comment

Tip for you if you cant get anodised rivets, get your standard ali rivet, and put the shank in a drill. Then using a nail file or other fine abrasive, spin the drill and slghtly roughen the flat face of the ali rivet. That way when the rivet is set in place, you can touch up with some black enamel as it will be keyed to take the paint.

If you tell me what size rivets you need ( diameter and length) I will have root in the garage and fire you a few over if I have them, save you having to buy a boxfull.

Also, if you are fixing into anything that is not metal, you will need a washer for the rivet as you pul it up, otherwise it will expand the material and eventually crack.....I know this after nearly losing a wing on a westfield I used to have at 80mph .
          [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Thanks Luke

i have pm you

Comment

Westfield, 80mph in same sentence must of been a big hill

Comment

Originally posted by Frisky Fish View Post
                Westfield, 80mph in same sentence must of been a big hill
                Mine only had 120 bhp, and nearly killed me several times. I was taken out in a full carbon lighweight with a busa engine, now that is brown trouser stuff. Are you serious in thinking 80 is hard work for something like a westfield/caterham etc..?
                [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Originally posted by luke carpstalker View Post
                  Mine only had 120 bhp, and nearly killed me several times. I was taken out in a full carbon lighweight with a busa engine, now that is brown trouser stuff. Are you serious in thinking 80 is hard work for something like a westfield/caterham etc..?
                  I was made to look very stupid in a mercedes s500 by a westfield,luke! Awesome cars! (Sorry to jump in,shooter) ;-)
                  Team south- 2014 talk angling inter regional team champs
                  Alwight tweacle?

Comment

Working...
                  X