Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Help I'm A Beginner!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help I'm A Beginner!!

Can anyone recommend a decent baitrunner reel and a decent rod for a beginner in carp fishing?

Hope Someone Can Help

Matt
    Kitchens Kitchen Doors

Take a look at Daiwa and Shimano baitrunners and you should find something in whatever price range you need, I use a couple of Daiwa 4050 BRT reels for my Pike fishing, quite big really but do the job for me, I think they were about £40 each? There is a massive range of decent rods out there just a case of deciding your budget and most dealers will try and sort something for you.
    PB Pike just over 17lb

Best match weight 150lb 9oz :)

Comment

re;carp road

You cant beat the warrior xt from fox,for the price range its in you cant fall off,it will handle any carp.
      swany76

Comment

have a look in tackle-trader.com

Comment

Okuma Dynadrag Pro Baitfeeder what i have got when i comes to carping, i've had no problems with it and it cheep to! go to Untitled Document they have one on there.
          :D I'll fish anytime and anywhere (as you can see).:D

Comment

Yeah the fox warrior range of rods are fantastic for the money also look at the maver range they do some decent budget rods as for reels i would deffo stick to shimano as they very seldom fail and if looked after will last you forever !

Comment

Welcome mate,plenty of decent rods and reels on the market at sensible prices,a lot will depend on your budget,and to some extent the type of venues,dont rush into any purchases,try to avoid the un-named product,most of the top brands have rods and reels in varios price bands,take a look and put another post for more specific advise.Regards Peter.
              Take nothing but photographs,leave nothing but footprints.

Comment

Working...
              X