Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

max depth for pole fishing?..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• max depth for pole fishing?..

Hi,

Any advice on what depth you can pole fish comfortably to? I cant remember seeing any mention on what depth of water for using a pole..or do you just fish it off the bottom if the waters beyond a certain depth?.

Reason why I'm asking is going to fish on a old river cutting thats not that wide but maybe 12ft+ down the centre..only previously fished a pole at 4ft max depth!..

thanks,

dazz

you can fish it at any depth you can handle i have fished 20 ft but you have to get it right u need to practice... shipping out and landing fish
    In darkness we do what we can
    In daylight we're oblivion

Comment

I tried at 15ft once. To be honest I did struggle alot with the actual line and elastic length. The shipping in and out was quite a pain too.

Anyway, don't go on the bottom. do a easy option of pellet up in the water
      [B][I][COLOR="Red"]There is no point trying if your afraid of losing[/COLOR][/I][/b]

Comment

some venues on avon i used to fish at 12m i was rigged up on a top 6 like said above it takes practise Now i'm regularly fishing 10-16ft deep in places and quite enjoy it Thing you must be aware of , is that in that depth of water the fish will feed off the bottom in some instances on hemp i've had to fish 3-4ft deep in a 12ft deep peg to catch the fish. You'll want to start on the bottom poss over groundbait and see how session progresses

Comment

Thnks for a comments everybody, the peg I fished the other day turned out to be only 6ft at 11m distance, will have to see if its any deeper in other places..

Dazz
          dazzbarwise
          Talk Angling User
          Last edited by dazzbarwise; 12 September 2007, 03:12 PM.

Comment

I must be a hero! I have fished in Ireland fishing 25ft deep with 12M of pole to hand - takes alot of effort and a proper strong pole! But good fun when you are getting a bream every chuck on double sweetcorn! Nice!
            Simon Young
            Admin
            Talk Angling UK fishing chat and tackle
            web design Doncaster - Limitless Digital

Comment

i wouldn't worry about the depth for poles they are capable of fishing deep its just more of a struggle the deeper you go.
              [FONT="System"][COLOR="Black"]Matt.Ingram be the name
              Guess who is back...
              [COLOR="Red"]Shiamano[/COLOR]
              [/COLOR][/FONT]

Comment

Working...
              X