Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Top 2 stuck together

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top 2 stuck together

Hi all , i've got a browning Impetus top 2 that are stuck together the top section pushes down into the 2nd but its that tight i can't shift it , any ideas??? Considered heating it up cooling it down etc but i don't want to damage it as i can't find anywhere that sells match top 2's for this make anywhere
    Cheers in anticipation

Usually you can get away with tapping the end of the number two section on a bit of carpet, whilst holding the number one section just above the joint, this should be enough to free the joint.

www.polefloatsbyjasonelwell.co.uk

Comment

Thanks Brian i suppose this needs a little patience

Comment

Just give it a few good taps pretty sure it will come free, then wash the inside of the number two under the shower you have either got a bit of muck trapped or its simply water causing it to form a vacuum.

www.polefloatsbyjasonelwell.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Brian G View Post
          Just give it a few good taps pretty sure it will come free, then wash the inside of the number two under the shower you have either got a bit of muck trapped or its simply water causing it to form a vacuum.
          As Brian says a couple of sharp taps on the carpet should do the trick. I had the same problem a month ago, a quick tap released it straight away.

Comment

a few good taps will free it,but dont go daft with it take your time,hope it works m8

Comment

Dont use heat its the worst thing you can do. By all means let the joint dry out but dont heat it up.

Comment

haha funny you should say that because ive just snapped me no4 due to the same proplem bad day so jus ragged at it and it snapped (ow well)

Comment

If its a pull apart joint you need 3 people to get it apart with out damaging it. one either end pulling gently and one in the middle to rock the joint until it frees. Its the only safe way of doing it

Comment

I think the problem is i've got some elastic stuck in the joint , what i may have to do is try and clear the sections of any obstruction and leave the 2 together , i've tried what you said but its absolutely solid

Comment

Working...
                    X