Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

beginer to feeder fishing and need advice on a reel please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• beginer to feeder fishing and need advice on a reel please

Hi all can anyone help me out on what reel i should take a look at upto a £50 budget and also size as i find it quite confusing at the minute,i brought a preston mini feeder rod i fish mainly for carp upto 50 yards, was looking at a pxr4000 but advised on another forum its way too big also seen some mach 3 reels but unsure on sizes

If you can stretch your budget £10 more then i would reccomend the Daiwa Whisker 3012. Super reel...

Comment

hi thanks that would be fine there 55 in my local tackle shop so another 5 pounds wont hurt

Comment

Gnome give it some time to see what everyone else says.
        I would always go with daiwa as they are always reliable but others may have experiences of others
        Just give it time mate.
        Welcome to the site by the way
        [CENTER][B][SIZE=1]Connor Beresford[/SIZE][/B]
        [COLOR="red"][B]Match and Coarse Fishing for Beginners and Juniors [/B][/COLOR]
        [URL="www.castandhope.webs.com/"]Home - Cast and Hope Angling[/URL]
        [COLOR="red"][B]Sonubaits 'Fin Perfect' Feed Pellet Review![/B][/COLOR][/CENTER]

Comment

I'd say your pxr 4000 is the ideal size mate,not sure what the guys on the other forum are going on about! I'd go for a 4000 size shimano,take a look at the exage,or if you can get a good deal-a stradic,superb reel.
          Team south- 2014 talk angling inter regional team champs
          Alwight tweacle?

Comment

Daiwa 3012 whiskers are brill reels for tip fishing.I have a couple but have just recently picked up a shakey mach 3xt 040 for £48 posted.I must say i am more than impressed with it,and it comes with 3 spare spools and padded bag.
            Steve

Comment

3xt is a lovely reel for Waggler on Still water or straight lead/ light feeder fishing
              The 030 or 040 is ideal for what you want !!
              Colin

Comment

Another good reel the 3xt and a good price but i personally dont like double handle reels they make a small reel seem big for some reason. Ive also had a 4000rb exage, Super reels but found that well to big even for feeder work but as i said personal preffrence.
                Last edited by CRG147; 5 October 2010, 07:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by CRG147 View Post
                  Another good reel the 3xt and a good price but i personally dont like double handle reels they make a small reel seem big for some reason.
                  3xt comes with single or double !!
                  im not too keen on double either
                  Colin

Comment

I didnt know that Col? Its one of the reasons i sold both my Exage reels on here to davebee he loves them but not me...

Comment

Mitchell avocet 2000 are spot on for feeder or match fishing. Only £18. I have reels worth £50 that perform no different! You could get three for the price on one. Have a look you will be very impressed. They will handle anything you throw at them.

Comment

Sorry did not read the 50 yard bit, look at the 4000 mitchell avocet, perfect for what you want.

Look here,

MITCHELL AVOCET 4000 II COPPER RD REEL PU1096 on eBay (end time 30-Oct-10 10:51:59 BST)

Comment

thanks for the link thats a good price

Comment

Nobody has mentioned the Drennan Series 7 feeder reel at £35 it is brilliant. It's very smooth, has three spools none of which need any line backing on them and the rear drag is very good. You could then spend the money saved on some top quality reel line for the three spools!

I've had Shakespeare mach 3's and they are nice, very smooth etc but I found them very big for a 40 sized reel. The drennan is a nice size and comparable to a Stradic for size and also the PXR4000. Perfect for what you need.

Graham
                            [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

The Drennan Reel is a good call and is a perfect price....

Comment

Working...
                              X