Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Milo Box prob

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Milo Box prob

Hi anyone got ideas how to fix my seatbox problem? No matter how hard I srew up the thumbwheel one of the legs gradually collapses and I end up sittin on a very steep incline not good for the old back. I have renewed all the thumbwheels, cleaned the leg with strong detergent and also the leg non marking device but to no avail. Before anyone gets the wrong idea I am 12 stone drippin wet. The box is 4 years old so would it be best to replace the leg?

Try swapping the thumb wheels with the others on the box. My mate had this problem and when we inspected the wheels they had different code numbers printed on them.
    I think the ones on the extendable part of the legs are slightlr different to the ones on the main legs.
    On the gathering storm comes a tall handsome man, in a dusty black coat and red right hand.

Comment

that sounds odd, id go with what spadger says, what model of box is it mate?
      brookside anglers EX- superstar

Comment

Just that the surface of the leg is worn !!
        turn the leg so thumb wheel is tightening on a different surface & mark the side
        That will Fix it !!
        Colin

Comment

Aren't the legs the non-marking type ?? I thought the screw pushed against a disc that clamps the leg against the frame. The disc is probably worn and you can take them out and turn them round if i remember rightly.

Comment

I have exactly the same problem with mine. I bought a Milo Redheart 2010 a couple of months ago and there is no I can screw those wheels tight enough so that they dont move. As I say mine is a brand new box and top of their range so there is no wear whatsoever. They just dont work.

Comment

Hi Davebee, the box in question is the Milo 3 drawer UK Model it was new out about 2005 which is when I bought mine from Brundall Angling so at 5 years old I expect things are now starting to wear.

Comment

Hi Spadger, thanks for the tip however the thumbwheels on the box are the sort of black wing nut type and have no markings on them at all and having swapped them around the problem still exists. I have fitted all new wing nut thingies to every leg but with no improvement

Comment

Hi cartersdad, you are right, the leg adjustment is non marking. Having removed the brass disc there is an obvious right and wrong way of fitting them. They have a slight lip which seems to fit the hole one way to prevent movement. Fitted the other way lets them float about. The search goes on.

Comment

Well guys, you have kindly given me a lot of tips to combat the collapsing leg problem, some I,ve already tried and some I,m gonna have a go at . One thing is clear though, if I move the offending leg to another side of the box the problem still exists albeit in a different corner Arrgh! This box cost a lot of dosh back in 2005 and I would have expected a little longer without grief . The old theory that you get what you pay for is under review. Thanks once again for all your help.

Comment

Well mate, having shelled out what you must have done for a top notch box I think a word in Milo's ear or at least the retaliers may be worth a go. Yours and mine can't be the first time this has happened and maybe there is a mod floating about somewhere. I am gonna contact Milo and see what they say and if I were you I would follow suit.

Comment

wish i could help you mate,i use the match speed box and after a couple of seasons its still solid as a rock,
                        maybe its not the leg,have you checked for cracks in the frame itself ??
                        brookside anglers EX- superstar

Comment

mmmm! i've got the same box as davebee,and it's absolutely solid-i'm 6'3" and pushing 20 stone. must be a fault somewhere,as i stand on my footplate when i'm balling in and it doesn't budge! when you find out what it is mate,let us know,i'd be interested to find out.
                          Team south- 2014 talk angling inter regional team champs
                          Alwight tweacle?

Comment

Well guys I took some of the advice onboard, bin jumpin up and down on the footplate and sittin down real hard on the box and I think I found the answer. Its one particular leg collapsin and only the telescopic bit (the one that isnt non marking). When I move the leg to another corner of the box it happened again, think the leg is probably knackered. Well I took a leg off the front of the footplate and swapped it around. No more probs on the box so gonna get a couple of new legs which will hopefully save goin to the expense of a new un.

Comment

An easier fix would be to sell the box as scrap and buy a decent Preston one! ... lol
                              [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Working...
                              X