Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Shakespeare mach 3 micro pellet waggler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shakespeare mach 3 micro pellet waggler

Hi all,

Could any of you tell me if the shakespeare mach 3 micro pellet waggler would be any use for general rudd and rouch fishing or would it be too stiff and bump off fish. Thinking of getting a couple of ready rods for the kids.
    Your advice would help please if any of you use them.

Sorry lads this goes for both the 11ft and 12ft versions. I gather the 12ft casts further but is it stiffer as well? they target perch and roach through the winter so need a bit of give.

Comment

11ft brill rod iv used it for silver fish its a cracking rod

Comment

I used to use a 12' Microlite 2000 for light waggler work but now use my Shakespeare mach 3 micro pellet waggler rod for all my shallow waggler fishing..perfect for depths up to 8' and in my opinion a better rod than my Normark Microlite.
        The handle on the mach 3 is 6" shorter than the Microlite but the actual part with the eyes on is only 6" shorter than the 12' Microlite due to the shorter handle....and yes this rod will handle very light hook lengths making it suitable for roach and rudd and it has a lovely through action, highly recommended.

Comment

Anyone tell me about the 12ft as well? may buy them online tomorrow .

Comment

Aint no one got a 12ft, they must be poop ;o)

Comment

The 12' is very good, but is a bit stronger than the 11'. You could use it for roach fishing, but it is a bit too powerful to be ideal.
              If you can afford it, the Mach 3 standard float rod would be better for silvers. Depends if you expect to do more carp work, or more for silvers I suppose.

Also, from reading your thread about lines, not sure if I would want to fish a splasher wag on any of those rods. You really need a more powerful rod again for that method.

In the end, it all comes down to how serious you are about your fishing against how much you can afford...
              The Mahseer Trust visit us at www.mahseertrust.org
              Working for one of the World's iconic fish species and the rivers they live in.

Thinking of visiting the Westcountry?
              Check out:
              www.coarsefish-torbay.co.uk

Want to learn from Will Raison and Neil Machin?
              log on to www.v2vangling.co.uk

Comment

I wanted a few ready rods thats all steve. Dont think they will be doing any splasher waggler fishing as they normally use a standard waggler. They have 13ft diawa connouisseurs for the float but by the time i set both of them up and myself an hours past. It depends on timescale on the day but Brad is starting to sort himself a bit now but unfortunatly i have to set up me other one completely and fish with him.. But with a few ready rods for feeder and waggler work it would be of great benefit.

Comment

You can keep three-piece rods made up the same. Just need to be a bit more careful when packing them away so the lines don't get twisted. Keeping the floats on a pole winder will make the job easier.

Check out:

Comment

Cheers steve i will give that a go, i have a spare maver ready rod holdal with 2 Diawa connouisseurs z 13ft match rods but thought they may get damaged as their is insufficient attachments in the holdal. I will use some of the spare straps that came with the shakespeare 11ft wagglers to secure them better.

Comment

Rod bands are dead easy to make with velcro strips, otherwise tie a small loop in some strong pole elastic and hold the rod bits together with that.
                      Personally, I use Wychwood carper's tiptectors, they usually come in packs of 2 for about £6.

Check out:

Comment

Working...
                      X