Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Maver pole help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maver pole help please

Hi
    I've just got a use maver 171 comp
    Can someone please tell me what the difference is in the top kits it comes with
    2x have 8VY on
    1x has 5W on
    1 x has 3uc on

I guess there are different rates for elastic sizes etc but what IS the rating for each?
    Help please

i asked the same question and the answer i got from maver is it doesnt meen a thing?The only way to tell the difference between maver spares and to which pole they belong to is to weigh them....................

Comment

The number and letters are nothing more than a shipping code for there use pal.. I once rang Maver and asked the same question..

As Andrew states the only difference is a wrap of carbon i think, meaning extra strength and extra weight..
      Effort = Reward.

Comment

Originally posted by ian_kent View Post
        The number and letters are nothing more than a shipping code for there use pal.. I once rang Maver and asked the same question..

As Andrew states the only difference is a wrap of carbon i think, meaning extra strength and extra weight..
        Ian is right. I had a maver 371 with loads of top kits which had a variety of different codes on. I once asked the guy in Benwick Sports who is a bit of a maver expert and he told me that they were nothing more than codes for different batch numbers when they are made. The other thing he told me was that there is no way of really being certain whether or not you have a top kit from a 501 or a 101 !! The weight difference is only about 3 grams!! They do however do a 'Deluxe' kit which is shorter and lighter but these are noticably different and much more expensive.

This probably doesn't really help you that much but it might go some way to explaining the odd codes on all Maver sections!

Graham
        [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Are you saying Mavers are Made up with loads of Bits ????
          That would explain why when you buy spares they never Match the other sections on your Pole
          i had a spare 4/5/6/7/8/ for a Satanic Power a few years ago all purchased @ same time
          The Wrap was different on every Section & not 1 of them looked anything like the sections on the pole !!
          Colin

Comment

Originally posted by BIG COL View Post
            Are you saying Mavers are Made up with loads of Bits ????
            That would explain why when you buy spares they never Match the other sections on your Pole
            i had a spare 4/5/6/7/8/ for a Satanic Power a few years ago all purchased @ same time
            The Wrap was different on every Section & not 1 of them looked anything like the sections on the pole !!
            No not really. Any new maver pole will be made of sections which are made at the same time and the finish/carbon wrap will look the same. The only difference may be in the top kits which vary from model to model as to what you get so they are made seperately. You will also find that spare/replacement sections may vary in appearance slightly. The 'Sun Core' finish for example has changed very slightly and is a very slightly lighter grey on the newer sections.

Replacement sections for the older discontinued models may look different to their originals as they are effectively made to order now, which is also why they are so ridiculously expensive. For example a spare No.4 for an M47 (now discontinued) is £230!!

Graham
            [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

maver spares

hi guys - a bit of advice- got a 301 & looking for a few xtra bits i.e no5/no7/short4 - horrified at the price of new no7!! so me being as tight as the proverbial fishes a*** gets to looking at options ie 201 sections- fair bit cheaper- being as its solely used as a silvers pole & rarely over 13m - do you think this is a viable alternative?
              obviously dont want to compromise the action of the pole too much ( be no point in having it then!) but would like to know how much difference any of the maver users will think it will make? & if you think this is a viable / or not route................it seems as though the short 4s are pretty much universal hoping a no5 from a lesser model wont make a horrendous amount of difference - especially if used in conjunction with short 4.
              or even sections off the current range cos theyll be a bit cheaper /probly stronger with the new reinforcemets ...........any advice much appreciated..........cheers

Comment

The short No.4 seems to be only one type which can be used across the whole Competition range. There isn't a better or cheaper one available. These are good and will be good if you are targetting silvers as it quickens up the strike. Probably your cheapest option would be to buy a complete pole from lower in the range like the 201 you mentioned. This way you will have a whole set of spare sections that you can substitute should you break one. I did exactly this when I had a 371. The only tip I would give you is to put little section number stickers on one or other of the poles so that you don't mix up the sections!
                Graham
                [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Working...
                X