Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

tri-cast trophy clubman feeder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tri-cast trophy clubman feeder

Hi guys,does anyone own one of these rods? I'm thinking of getting one for bream fishing if they're any good,so I'm just after a bit of feedback. I'd either get the 11'6" or 12'6".
    Cheers
    Paul.
    Team south- 2014 talk angling inter regional team champs
    Alwight tweacle?

Paul
    I used to use Tri cast lead rods & to be honest i found the tips were a little bit short on both the feeder rods & the Bomb rods
    But the main thing i did not like was all the tips were Put over ,
    Actualy fitted like an extra top & i found that the sleeve created quite a noticable Flat spot
    With Bream rods i like Long soft tips No flats & a nice mellow through actioned rod to minimise Hook pulls
    Just my preferences mate
    Colin

Comment

Thanks for that,col-i don't like the sound of the flat spots. So,I may try and get hold of a daiwa conny 11-13. There's not many knocking about,though!
      Cheers mate ;-)
      Alwight tweacle?

Comment

Originally posted by paul k View Post
        Thanks for that,col-i don't like the sound of the flat spots. So,I may try and get hold of a daiwa conny 11-13. There's not many knocking about,though!
        Cheers mate ;-)
        Perfect choice mate, the daiwa Connoisseur 11-13 is a fabulous rod with a beautiful action on it. I've got two of these and I wouldn't part with them now as I think they are better than most brand new stuff. These do appear on ebay reasonably regularly and they tend to go for anything from £80 to £110!

Good luck with finding one. Graham
        [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Thanks for that,graham-would you go for a conny z or a conny x? I'm not sure what the difference is,mate.
          Alwight tweacle?

Comment

Thanks for that,graham-would you go for a conny z or a conny x? I'm not sure what the difference is,mate.
            Definately go for the 'X' these are the medium ones which have the nice cross weave carbon blank. I've actually also got a 'Z' and this is very similar but is the heavier power model and has the very dark blue (almost black) blank. Still a very nice rod but possibly a bit powerful for Bream.

Hope this helps! Graham
            [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Try asking Nathan Watson about the daiwa rods as he seems to have an encyclopaedic knowledge of them and I think he's a bit of a fan of them. He may even have one he'll sell you lol...
              [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Good idea,mate-thanks again,I'll go for the 'x' then. Nathan probably needs the dosh,eh? ;-)
                Alwight tweacle?

Comment

Good idea,mate-thanks again,I'll go for the 'x' then. Nathan probably needs the dosh,eh? ;-)
                  Perhaps he might even give you one as a kind and generous gesture!! lol...
                  [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Working...
                  X