Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Whats the best line for pellet waggler fishing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats the best line for pellet waggler fishing

Whats the best line to use for the pellet waggler and what breaking strain.
    Its for carp around the 4lb to 8lb bracket and some into double figures.

ive got some browning cenex 6lb, 3lb, and some ultima 3 and 4lb available at present.
    I beleive the cenex is sinking should i use this for a splash waggler. Although i will also be using the standard waggler.

Pellet waggler, splash waggler and standard waggler are three different ways of fishing and may need different strengths of line.
    It can also depend on how much those methods have been fished on your waters. For instance, on the pellet waggler, if the fish ahve been hammered on it for a number of years, you will need to use lighter floats, say 2SSG. To cast them accurately, as will be needed for 'cute' fish, you will need a line of around 0.18-0.20mm diameter. That will be about 4lb, regardless of the size of the fish.
    For a splasher waggler, you will be fishing at extreme range with heavy floats, so an 8lb line will be more appropriate, even for 2-3lb fish.
    The Mahseer Trust visit us at www.mahseertrust.org
    Working for one of the World's iconic fish species and the rivers they live in.

Thinking of visiting the Westcountry?
    Check out:
    www.coarsefish-torbay.co.uk

Want to learn from Will Raison and Neil Machin?
    log on to www.v2vangling.co.uk

Comment

Hi Steve the rods will be set up as ready rods and will also be used for some waggler fishing for roach over the winter. So i will stick 6lb on one spool and perhaps 3lb on the other.

Comment

That's probably your best option. I will use 3 or 4lb for all my carping from now on, but I don't have venues where I need to fish the splasher.
        I would think the Ultima is better suited as mainline, depends on the type of Ultima it is. Unless there is a specific Cenex mainline I haven't heard about, it is better as a pole mainline, or hooklength line.
        The Mahseer Trust visit us at www.mahseertrust.org
        Working for one of the World's iconic fish species and the rivers they live in.

Thinking of visiting the Westcountry?
        Check out:
        www.coarsefish-torbay.co.uk

Want to learn from Will Raison and Neil Machin?
        log on to www.v2vangling.co.uk

Comment

Working...
        X