Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

My Saga with my Milo Redheart 2010.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Saga with my Milo Redheart 2010.

Gorgeous, ferrari red,all singing ,all dancing ,top of the range box from Milo. Look at the presentation on Youtube. Having had the old Formulea One for several years and on the market for something special how could I resist?
    Sadly I didnt!!!
    Phoned around and found Davies Tackle dan sarfe could get me one in 5 days for a couple of bob under a grand. They had one in for me to look at which belonged to someone else if I wanted to drive to London.
    I was about to do just that when they phoned me and told me that the box wasnt available to veiw on the said day. No worries. I then started to shop around.
    Fishermans Friend in Brum knocked £175 quid of the price but they didnt have one in and they wouldnt be able to order it without payment up front. No worries. 4 days for delivery and hadnt I been an out and out Milo fan for years. I didnt feel I needed to see it. Get it on.
    9 days later and after a phone call my fishing mate and myself were on the way to pick up my new box.
    On arrival the packaging was immaculate, no sign of damage whatsoever to the boxes and fortunately my mate insisted that he wanted to have a look at it.
    On opening we found the box was literally bent in half as if it had been run into with a forklift. It must have occured in the factory and sent off like it because there wasnt a scratch on the boxes.
    Back it went and I waited. No apology at all or any contact from the Milo rep and roughly 10 days later another one arrived and so another round trip to Birmingham and back.
    This time the box had all been checked out prior to my arrival and as I had no beef with the lads in Fishermans Friend I was confident that this time all would be well.
    I set it up back at home and the first thing I did was to cut my finger open on one of the legs. None of the metal ends to any of the box had been de-burred and they were razor sharp.
    I had to use it the following morning as I had a summer league starting.
    My mate sat behind me and chuckled as time and again he would see me sliding down the legs as none of the clamps held me in place. It was like fishing on an elevator.
    Halfway through the match he reached into my box from behind and gave me some winders. The entire box unit itself had come free from the seat leaving a 1 and a half inch gap exposing the inside of the drawers.
    The extending arm wouldnt tighten up and spun round like a helicopter.
    I phoned FF on the Monday and told them I wanted my money back.
    I was offered a large discount and after thinking it through I decided to take the offer and strip the box down myself and with lumps from my various boxes around the place mixed and matched to repair and customise this sorry excuse for a box. After all I had already coughed up 60 quid in fuel to go to Brum and back twice in my mates 4x4.
    I didnt want to bug him again and I was getting weary of this whole mess. Plus I was confident I could sort it all out, just at a loss as to why I should when I had payed for top of the range.
    Anyway I now have a Milo 2010 Redheart X Milo Formulea 1 X Preston On Box. Its no longer got more slashing edges that Bodacieas chariot. I drilled into the top and screwed it back together with self tappers from the inside and now it all works very well.
    At no time throughout this did I recieve a single apology or support from Milo, nothing whatsoever as regards any compensation for the problems or costs incurred and frankly they will never get another penny from me.
    The build quality of these boxes is nothing short of trash.
    So if your fancying an all singing, dancing bright red box then DO NOT BUY A MILO . Buy a tin of Dulux and paint your old Boss. Trust me its far less hassle and a far better box.

Phone the Milo rep,get his no from fishermans friend,if he dosnt answer his phone then text the bloke,if he dosnt reply text him again,hassle him till you get some joy
    you have been treated disgracfully and deserve some sort of compensation remember,HASSLE,HASSLE ,HASSLE.....
    GOOD LUCK REGARDS MT
    OFFICIAL CHAUFFER TO FAT LADS WHO CANT HOLD THERE DRINK

Comment

I was also going to buy one of the new MILO boxes from FF, i put on a thread on here mentioning that i was thinking of getting one and got a PM from someone saying stay well clear as they were really roughly made. I also got a PM from someone on another forum telling me that he was a rep for Milo and he strongly advised me not to get one as they were £100 boxes with an £800 price tag and that they wouldn't last a season.

Comment

under the trades description act sounds like it is not fit for the purpose you brought it for and you have already got a replacement box i think wether you have used it or not you can rightly ask for a FULL REFUND,all the best mate,i brought a new diawa box and it was absolute crap,iv got a matchbox now which is great,my boss modulator box was also top quality

Comment

What I should have done before I worked on it was to put it on Youtube giving it an honest review instead of the crap speiled out by Milo. Dont touch one lads whatever you do.

Comment

I've heard a few tales about the quality of the new Milo boxes, which surprises me as I own a Tardis match plus and after nearly 3 years of abuse, it is still rock solid in every way..

Carl.
            [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] ALLENS TACKLE AND BAITS, LEAMORE, WALSALL.

Comment

I'm surprised too....I've had an 1150 for 5 years now, and it's still super sturdy...i wouldnt change it. Maybe Milo have lets their standards slip...
              Real men fish rivers

Comment

As I said fellers I have been a Milo fan for years. The Tardis Form1 I had was a superb peice of kit. Trust me there is absolutely no comparison.

Comment

i brought a milo m1100 from brundall angling when they came out cost me £650 and it was the biggest pile of crap i have ever used it fell to bits after 3 weeks i rang the shop up and got told to bring it back as simon willsmore and milo columbo would be there. After showing them what had happened to their flagship box they reluctantly offered me a new one but i got my money back instead. I was shocked at how bad milo's customer service was i would never buy or recommend milo tackle to anybody its overpriced tat

Comment

I own a Milo 2005 and its never let me down superb piece of kit and solid as a rock. I think some of the later boxes are built in China and there lies the problem

Comment

It seems that the recent range of new Milo boxes are badly made. As it has already been mentioned Milo boxes are usually renound for there build quality and last.

I bought my original tardis in 1998 and its still going strong, the only thing i have replaced is the seat and that was last year. 12 years is a long time and it just confirms the excellent build standard of the original MILO boxes. It would be interesting to hear from MILO or a MILO rep as to why there recent boxes are simply not up to scratch.

I agree with Macca. Manufacturers are having tackle made in China because its cheap and that why the standards have dropped.

Comment

I can't understand why there are so many older Milo boxes for sale on eBay can't see anything on the market that compares to the build quality. Whilst there are a number of people switching to Rive models they are very bulky and it makes it very difficult to get two sets of tackle in the normal family sized saloon.

Comment

Thats the other thing about the Milo redheart 2010. Its massive and I would hazard a guess that it has to be the heaviest box ever made. Its stupidly heavy

Comment

Working...
                          X