Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Preston PR hooks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Preston PR hooks

Hi these seem to be quite popular to most anglers i was just wondering what are each type best used for on the pole and rod?
    Cheers
    Connor
    [CENTER][B][SIZE=1]Connor Beresford[/SIZE][/B]
    [COLOR="red"][B]Match and Coarse Fishing for Beginners and Juniors [/B][/COLOR]
    [URL="www.castandhope.webs.com/"]Home - Cast and Hope Angling[/URL]
    [COLOR="red"][B]Sonubaits 'Fin Perfect' Feed Pellet Review![/B][/COLOR][/CENTER]

Originally posted by connor View Post
    Hi these seem to be quite popular to most anglers i was just wondering what are each type best used for on the pole and rod?
    Cheers
    Connor
    Hi Connor,

The PR28's are a fantastic hook for carp on the pole however Preston have stopped making them for some reason.

You can still get them online however i would imagine that these are just the last few in circulation.
    To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

Comment

My experience of PR hooks is that they go blunt very easily, after a couple of fish and I would never use them again. I like Fox, Drennan or Kamasan.

Comment

pr hooks are pants i chucked every packet away i had in my box like nathan says they go blunt very quickly and the hook hold is crap not a fan lot better hook on the market

Comment

I also use Fox & Kamasan
          Dont like Preston for same reason !!
          Points Drop off !!
          Colin

Comment

im glad its not just me that thinks that

Comment

T o be Honest i cant believe the Number of top class Anglers that still use them !!
              I thought it was just me that didnt like them !!
              Colin

Comment

again i think there crap tubertini the best in my eyes

Comment

Each to their own, but you wont go far wrong with the Kamasan B911's mate
                  To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

Comment

I kept losing fish with Preston hooks so I reverted back to B911's and Drennan wide gape hooks. I've also tried the new Guru hooks and they are very very sharp and have a nice dull grey finish. The Guru QM's are excellent for use on the method feeder.

Graham
                    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

I stopped using them ! thought they were pants i also kept on losing fish

only use drennan or guru now

Comment

guru seem ok...
                        In darkness we do what we can
                        In daylight we're oblivion

Comment

Having tried most of the PR range I have to say I'm not a big fan and tend to use mainly Turbertini hooks these days although I do use the Guru hooks now and again, great hooks but very expensive.
                          Part time fisherman. Full time legend ;)
                          [url]www.whitehallrushwickac.co.uk[/url]

Comment

Sorry to swim against the tide but I reckon the PR38 is a great pattern - I use it for 90% of my fishing, QM1's for the balance.

Comment

Originally posted by mcgrumpy1 View Post
                              Sorry to swim against the tide but I reckon the PR38 is a great pattern - I use it for 90% of my fishing, QM1's for the balance.
                              boo hisss

Comment

Working...
                              X