Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

maver clean caps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• maver clean caps

once fitted can u make a hole to accomodate a pull bung?

and the diameter of my n.o 4 is 17mm (internal)
    wot size do i need a 16.2 or a 17.7mm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by fizzgog View Post
    once fitted can u make a hole to accomodate a pull bung?

and the diameter of my n.o 4 is 17mm (internal)
    wot size do i need a 16.2 or a 17.7mm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Yes you can make a hole in them and I would suggest using the 18.5mm one as they do compress a fair bit and you will get a nice tight fit. Maver recommend putting two tiny dabs of super glue just inside the end of the section but you do need to push the clean cap in quickly into place. Put it in a few times without the glue first to get it nicely compressed.

Hope this helps. Graham
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Thanx for the help graham

Comment

I found that when i used the clean caps my tops wore out very quickly ,
        Has anyone else noticed it ???
        i started to use another no4 without clean cap my tops didnt wear any where near as quick
        Personaly wouldnt use them again .
        Just my opinion
        Colin

Comment

I've posted on this subject in the past, they pick up fine carbon dust and grit particles and push them back and forth repeatedly. When wet it's just like using a fine grinding paste but hey, Maver are at the forefront of pole technology so they must know best !
          MATRIX HALIFAX

Comment

waste of time mate they wear out and do noyhing for you
            [SIZE=7][/SIZE][SIZE=7][/SIZE][SIZE=1][/SIZE][SIZE="6"][SIZE=1][SIZE=7]malman floats[COLOR="#FF0000"][/COLOR][SIZE=5][/SIZE][B][/B][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][COLOR="#0000CD"][/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by BIG COL View Post
              I found that when i used the clean caps my tops wore out very quickly ,
              Has anyone else noticed it ???
              i started to use another no4 without clean cap my tops didnt wear any where near as quick
              Personaly wouldnt use them again .
              Just my opinion
              I've been using them for years and have never experienced any excessive wear as you describe. I like 'em, just my opinion!
              [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Working...
              X