Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Tackle for Sale?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tackle for Sale?

Hi all, recently I have bought some items advertised on the site, rods and reels described as being in 'mint', 'as new' and 'cracking condition'. Personally I would expect the items to arrive in the condition that they have been described as, unfortunately this has not been the case. A 12ft rod with graphics painted over to disguise the fact it was actually a 12/13ft originally, however had the extension missing, a pair of reels (mint) with the bearings worn and a 12ft rod that measured 11ft 9 due to the fact that it had been broken at the tip and a new end ring fitted.
    Now, I might just be a little bit picky but I do believe that if you are selling a item it should be described with a degree of honesty and any faults/repairs be made known.
    Sometimes as we are all aware, items get lost or damaged in the post and we have to accept that. We shouldn't have to accept items arriving that have been described incorrectly, disguised or modified without being informed.
    Basically, it comes down to the seller being honest.

End of rant.
    Gaz
    www.tacklefinder.net

Gaz, will you tell me who the sellers were then I know who to avoid. A pm will do, Thanks Baz

Comment

Hear,Hear - I'll second that rant!!

Comment

Quite right Gaz.ALL items of tackle sold MUST be exactly as described and if not and this is done intentionaly to deceive then this amounts to fraud.After all this is a forum for fellow anglers and if we cannot be honest with each other we all might as well call it a day.THE VERY LEAST THE SELLER CAN DO IS TO OFFER A FULL REFUND AND AN APOLOGY.

NUFF SED
        KEITH

Comment

Another good argument for only buying major (= expensive) items face to face.

Comment

Full refund no matter.
            Paypal gift is for friends only

Comment

Name and shame,matey-so we know who not to buy off in future.
              Team south- 2014 talk angling inter regional team champs
              Alwight tweacle?

Comment

Originally posted by Gaz3899 View Post
                Hi all, recently I have bought some items advertised on the site, rods and reels described as being in 'mint', 'as new' and 'cracking condition'. Personally I would expect the items to arrive in the condition that they have been described as, unfortunately this has not been the case. A 12ft rod with graphics painted over to disguise the fact it was actually a 12/13ft originally, however had the extension missing, a pair of reels (mint) with the bearings worn and a 12ft rod that measured 11ft 9 due to the fact that it had been broken at the tip and a new end ring fitted.
                Now, I might just be a little bit picky but I do believe that if you are selling a item it should be described with a degree of honesty and any faults/repairs be made known.
                Sometimes as we are all aware, items get lost or damaged in the post and we have to accept that. We shouldn't have to accept items arriving that have been described incorrectly, disguised or modified without being informed.
                Basically, it comes down to the seller being honest.

End of rant.
                Gaz
                Justified rant there mate, I even had someone tell me I was too honest with my items...........in my opinion i am just not being deceitful like some scum. Honesty and a price to reflect any "defects" is the only way.

Comment

Originally posted by boltonrobbo View Post
                  Justified rant there mate, I even had someone tell me I was too honest with my items...........in my opinion i am just not being deceitful like some scum. Honesty and a price to reflect any "defects" is the only way.
                  You are m8 you are. Lets have the name GAZ

Comment

Much as i'd like to name and shame I won't as it just gets into 'handbags at dawn', its enough to know that if the sellers' read this thread they'll realise its about them and maybe be more honest the next time they advertise.
                    After all, it could just be genuine mistakes or they had forgot to mention faults!
                    www.tacklefinder.net

Comment

Obviously the sellers were not observing the Code of Conduct
                      http://www.talkangling.co.uk/upload/...all_sales.html
                      Anyone having problems should flag it up to the sites Moderators as persistent offenders can then be dealt with.

www.polefloatsbyjasonelwell.co.uk

Comment

Maybe you send the details to the mods and then they can decide if the seller should be able to sell on here in the future.

Comment

Alan rod arrieved today as desciribed thanks mate 4 hours later had close look at rod and part of the tip broken now you all no who sold the rod as the hedgehog said to the scrubbing brush sorry we can all make mistakes, full refund will be given and yes he can keep the rod,and NO I WILL NOT BE SELLING ANYTHING ELSE ON THIS SITE I WILL SAVE YOU THE TROUBLE REGARDS ALAN.

Comment

full refund given didn,t get in from fishing the trent till 6.30 but he couldn't wait well done sgt.

Comment

This thread wasn't started in the hope of a refund or to tarnish anyone's credility with their sales. It was to point out that sellers should take more responsibility with the items they are selling and try to describe in a true and accurate manner. I do appreciate that occasionally mistakes can be made and has I have previously stated this may have been the case.
                              www.tacklefinder.net

Comment

Working...
                              X