Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

garbo rocket picker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• garbo rocket picker

Hi all.

Got a rocket picker and two of the tips are now damaged!!
    Does anyone know how much new tips are and from where?
    Bearing in mind the rod was only £20 odd quid. Might be time to invest in a preston carbo mini!!

i just went to local tackle shop for my tip for mine cost about a fiver, i think the rods are brilliant i bought a shimano force master but preffer the rocket picker any day

Comment

wot ones have you broken steve

Comment

cheers anddav.
        Alright froggy its the red one and the yellow one. To be honest would prob only buy the red one mate never really used the yellow one much

Comment

Hi Steve they are £6.99 each. I broke my Red tip a few weeks back and decided to buy the whole package again at £23 instead of paying £7 for one tip.

Comment

are the tips prone to breaking? or is it bad luck? im thinking of getting a "rocket"!

Comment

not to sure mate. Think mine has been caught up in my ready made rod holdall . Was ok when i put it away

Comment

They look fine to me !!
                rings are spaced properly & tips seem strong enough
                Colin

Comment

Thats good enough for me Col ! I broke a drennan tip in a ready rod holdall as well Steve!

Comment

When i use a ready rod bag i always remove tip from carrier and fold down
                    Not broke any since i started doing it
                    Colin

Comment

How are they damaged, just broke a bit off end? If so, just cut back to next eye, all tips I use are like that, do it deliberately!

Comment

Hi just the last eye off the end Nathan
                        big Col think I will start removing my tips from my ready made rods now
                        Cheers
                        Steve

Comment

As Nathan said a lot of people cut tips back to the 1st ring
                          on a lot of rods it improves them
                          i have done the same for years
                          Colin

Comment

Come on lads stop giving Preston's ideas to copy. LOL

Comment

You are right pal
                              the next batch of preston lead rods will be sold with 1 less tip & the 2 others marked where to cut back to.
                              They will most probably call them Adjusta tips.
                              Last edited by BIG COL; 27 October 2010, 09:13 PM.
                              Colin

Comment

Working...
                              X