Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Dacron Connectors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dacron Connectors

Are these better than normal connectors?
    If so what are the best ones to buy.
    I am thinking of gettin hydro in my top kits and just wondered whether these would be better than normal connectors as i have seen them on alot of professionals top kits.
    Any info is great.
    Cheers
    Connor
    [CENTER][B][SIZE=1]Connor Beresford[/SIZE][/B]
    [COLOR="red"][B]Match and Coarse Fishing for Beginners and Juniors [/B][/COLOR]
    [URL="www.castandhope.webs.com/"]Home - Cast and Hope Angling[/URL]
    [COLOR="red"][B]Sonubaits 'Fin Perfect' Feed Pellet Review![/B][/COLOR][/CENTER]

They are less hassle than Stonfo connectors IMO,try and get a friendly gentleman off here to make you some up,i personally don't rate the shop bought ones but you could try them.

Comment

Its harder to connect and take off the pole rig isnt it?
      [COLOR="red"][B]Sonubaits 'Fin Perfect' Feed Pellet Review![/B][/COLOR][/CENTER]

Comment

Personaly i have gone back to Stonfo connectors
        Have tried all ways Crows foot / Dacron but stuck with stonfos
        Although i do still have Dacron on no2 to 3 elastics on my canal pole
        Its just down to personal choice !!
        Colin

Comment

Originally posted by connor View Post
          Its harder to connect and take off the pole rig isnt it?
          They are actually very much easier to take off the rig. They are much kinder to the end of your pole should you break off on a fish and then when the connector comes flying back it is softer and less likely to damage the tip. They are also less prone to tangles at the tip. I used to make them and sell them on ebay (I sold thousands of them!) but they are very simple to make yourself with a bit of Dacron fly line backing and some tail rubbers like the Carp boys use.

Graham
          [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Make your own mate with Dacron and some catty hollow elastic.
            For elastics up to No8 I use Nash Teardrops which are very neat.

Comment

Is will raison using the dacron connectors here?
              Will Raison on pole fishing elastic choice

Comment

Yes it certainly looks like he is.
                [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

I heard people say onlt use them under a 10 laccy?
                  He is using them on black hydro?

Comment

Crows foot mate - cheapest connection of all - as this method doesnt involve any additional purchase over and above the elastic itself!
                    To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

Comment

Some people use them on all elastics
                      Some use crows foot knot
                      Some use Stonfos
                      Just down to what you are Happy with ??
                      Colin

Comment

Originally posted by connor View Post
                        I heard people say onlt use them under a 10 laccy?
                        He is using them on black hydro?
                        Complete nonsense mate, you can use them for any elastic. I use them on my margin pole with a big fat hollow elastic and they are no problem at all. Crows foot is OK but looks awful, is a pain to do with light elastics as you have to tie in some thicker elastic to stop it disappearing through the bush!! dacrons are simple, neat and very very cheap to make. I used to buy a bulk lot of cheap tail rubbers which worked out at about 2p each and a spool of dacron which lasted forever. You can buy dacron cheaply if you look under 'Kite Flying materials' as these boys use it on their kites. You need about 30lb breaking strain. You could even start selling the little blighters on ebay and get your money back!!

Graham
                        [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Maver Man View Post
                          Complete nonsense mate, you can use them for any elastic. I use them on my margin pole with a big fat hollow elastic and they are no problem at all. Crows foot is OK but looks awful, is a pain to do with light elastics as you have to tie in some thicker elastic to stop it disappearing through the bush!! dacrons are simple, neat and very very cheap to make. I used to buy a bulk lot of cheap tail rubbers which worked out at about 2p each and a spool of dacron which lasted forever. You can buy dacron cheaply if you look under 'Kite Flying materials' as these boys use it on their kites. You need about 30lb breaking strain. You could even start selling the little blighters on ebay and get your money back!!

Graham
                          This is what i wanted to hear!
                          Cheeers graham
                          Connor

Comment

Started using them this season.Bought some dacron connecters off ebay,they were fine but i decided to make my own ,using dacron and helicopter beads.I wanted shorter connecters and as i said i decided to make my own.Its a doddle to make them.The only thing i find is that i have to regularly check my elastic as the dacron will start to cut into the hollow elastic,where as normal connecters wouldnt need retying all season.Id probably only retie them when i changed the laccy,so they are less maintenance.I used to use the drennan connecters which are like rubber so they were kind on your pole tips and if i go back to connecters ill use them again as ive saved them.Lastly the change hasnt resulted in catching any more fish![i dont think]and when shortening rigs its not hard,but it is a bit more awkward than a normal connecters knot.So im still unconvinced about there benefits,except for shallow fishing where they are virtually tangle free.But like anything its worth trying them and then you can make your own mind up.
                            cornerstone.

Comment

I use Dacrons on all my top kits and also have them on the other end on my puller kits. I've been using them for a few years now and cannot see me changing to anything else. I use them with TT beads for upto double no8 elastic then with Helicopter beads for anything bigger and hollo's/hydro's.

Comment

Working...
                              X