Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Tubertini 175's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tubertini 175's

Just wondered if anyone uses these and what you thought of them?
    To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

fantastic hook stays sharp super strong for size of wire

Comment

box is full of them along with 808's and series 18

Comment

i had a point turn over on me with my first fish last week and wondered if i had made a mistake by tryin them, however i persevered with them and put another hooklength on and didnt lose another fish! - won my match too!
        To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

Comment

fantastic hooks, great for paste work in the larger size, the smaller sizes are spot on for meat & corn.

Comment

cant get the same praises with pr hooks

Comment

Originally posted by SimonP View Post
              fantastic hooks, great for paste work in the larger size, the smaller sizes are spot on for meat & corn.
              I found them good for soft pellets as they mask pretty much the whole hook

Comment

used to swear by the 808's still have loads left but swapped over to the Gamakatsu LS-1150BB as recommended by Fordy off here, these hooks stay super sharp and are excellent for pellet work.
                here carpy carpy carpy

Comment

175s are a superb hook for bagging big fish. They look a bit strange and seem like they may not be very strong, but believe me, they are!
                  I use the size 5 for paste at Stafford Moor on fish into double figures and have not lost a fish or had a hook bend out of shape at all.
                  The Mahseer Trust visit us at www.mahseertrust.org
                  Working for one of the World's iconic fish species and the rivers they live in.

Thinking of visiting the Westcountry?
                  Check out:
                  www.coarsefish-torbay.co.uk

Want to learn from Will Raison and Neil Machin?
                  log on to www.v2vangling.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by stevelockett View Post
                    175s are a superb hook for bagging big fish. They look a bit strange and seem like they may not be very strong, but believe me, they are!
                    I use the size 5 for paste at Stafford Moor on fish into double figures and have not lost a fish or had a hook bend out of shape at all.
                    Not lost a fish???????!!!!!!!!!!! How long you been using them?

Comment

Two years, only in the summer for paste. I meant not lost a fish due to it straightening or the point going, I have lost a few foulhookers when the hook dropped out.
                      The Mahseer Trust visit us at www.mahseertrust.org
                      Working for one of the World's iconic fish species and the rivers they live in.

Thinking of visiting the Westcountry?
                      Check out:
                      www.coarsefish-torbay.co.uk

Want to learn from Will Raison and Neil Machin?
                      log on to www.v2vangling.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by stevelockett View Post
                        Have you caught any fish?
                        [CENTER][B][SIZE=1]Connor Beresford[/SIZE][/B]
                        [COLOR="red"][B]Match and Coarse Fishing for Beginners and Juniors [/B][/COLOR]
                        [URL="www.castandhope.webs.com/"]Home - Cast and Hope Angling[/URL]
                        [COLOR="red"][B]Sonubaits 'Fin Perfect' Feed Pellet Review![/B][/COLOR][/CENTER]

Comment

Suprisingly some of us dont tend to lose many Fish ??
                          Some lose load
                          Colin

Comment

You not loose many then Col? I think I loose an average amount!

Comment

i have the knack of loosing the one that makes me frame the worst thing is when youve got it on you know this one gets you money

Comment

Working...
                              X