Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Feeder Rod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feeder Rod

?What kind of rod do you prefer for method feeder fishing,and what length? Thanks!
    I am a bit of a novice with the feeder and need some pointers to get me going..?is this the wrong time of year fer fishing the feeder.

11ft works best for me but it kind of depends on the length of cast you need, the likely size of fish and the size of feeder and so on! I have a couple of Daiwa 'Connoisseur X' feeder rods which have a removable 2ft section so that they can be either 11ft or 13ft. These are brilliant rods and will easily cover most types of feeder fishing. At the longer length they will be ideal for long chucks on a big Bream water and at the shorter length I find they are perfect for most short to medium casts on our commercial venues. They will handle pretty much any fish from 8oz up to double figure Carp.

I wouldn't say that this is the wrong time of year for the feeder but it really depends on the type of venue you're thinking of. I'm off to fish a match tomorrow and I'll be using a small pellet feeder for some of the time at least.

Graham
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

You don't have to spend a fortune on a method rod Garbolino do them for around £24, called a rocket picker I think???
      With the temp falling now it's more usual to fish a bomb Into deeper water. Length depends on the distance, most of today's commies are short casts so between 9 and 11 feet long is ok.

Hope this helps
      Last edited by Buster; 25 October 2010, 10:25 PM.

Comment

Ihave just purchased a 9ft and a 10ft Rocket picker £49 for the 2
        For the money they are ideal for stillwaters
        at a price that you can afford to abuse !!
        They are ideal
        Colin

Comment

For fishing the puddles i use a 10ft two piece preston carbonactive its the 'nuts' imo.

Comment

Got an 11ft drennan 7 series carp feeder and very impressed with it for the money, had double figure carp on it too with no probs
            To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

Comment

Short range it has to be the tri cast power wand and long range depending on weight either the shimano stradic 12-14ft heavy feeder or the shimano 12-14ft aerocast heavy feeder.
              Paypal gift is for friends only

Comment

I use both Diawa & Shimano for all my long range fishing & Rivers
                The 2 Garbolinos are to leave set up for commercials only
                They seem ideal for that both Bullet proof & Affordable
                for that particular type of fishing
                Well worth the money
                Colin

Comment

You can't beat the garbo's 4 the money,col-great little rods-i always carry a 9' set up in my holdall. I've got a shimano technium bomb rod which is gonna be ideal for shy bites in the winter. Still luv that tri-cast wand,though,only used it a couple of times.
                  Team south- 2014 talk angling inter regional team champs
                  Alwight tweacle?

Comment

All depends how far you're casting, further you cast, longer the rod needs to be but you can't cast short accurately without a short rod of 10ft or less. Feeder will still be working for a little longer at some venues but bomb is starting to take over now where I go or waggler.

Comment

Wont be long now nath before we all scratching on the pole just loading no6 and 8 laggy, have a new tool on the job but ill test it first.
                      Paypal gift is for friends only

Comment

I won't be doing that mate, all bomb and wag where I go in winter! What new pole ya got?

Comment

A mate of mine is selling his Daiwa D Feeder @ 11ft,would you lads consider this to be an ideal starter F rod,or would you go for something entirely different,and also ??What do you use as a bite indicator,or is the tip itself the bite indicator.

Comment

Yes, good rods for money I've been told and the tip is the bite indicator, gets pulled round or drops back.

Comment

Originally posted by NathanWatson View Post
                              Yes, good rods for money I've been told and the tip is the bite indicator, gets pulled round or drops back.
                              Cheers Nate.

Comment

Working...
                              X