Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

want a good bomb rod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• want a good bomb rod

any suggestions for a bomb rod,something around £100

TriCast wand, 8', perfect.

Comment

Preston 10' Mini Carp rod. Great for any species regardless of the "carp" badge

Comment

drennan im8 bomb rod i know whos got one forsale if interested

Comment

Depends how far you want to chuck!? None of the 1s listed would be suitable for chucking an ounce and half lead 80 yards!

Comment

Not many anglers chuck leads 80yds any more mate
            We seem to be a dying breed
            The carp crew do it but not many match anglers
            Colin

Comment

For distance work i still use 11/13ft Diawa still water or river feeder rods
              Over 20yrs old now
              A good starting point today @ that sort of price would be 11ft6 or12ft6 Shaky Mach 3
              Colin

Comment

Originally posted by BIG COL View Post
                Not many anglers chuck leads 80yds any more mate
                We seem to be a dying breed
                The carp crew do it but not many match anglers
                They do in Yorkshire!

Comment

Or at least try!

Comment

i have a korum neotoric rod forgot i had that that should be ok for a bomb rod its 12ft,or the other ones i am looking at are the garbolino super g bomb or the super g feeder,i only fish commercials so dont need a giant rod.

Comment

Take a look at the beastmaster 9/11 mate-very versatile for bomb and feeder work.
                      Team south- 2014 talk angling inter regional team champs
                      Alwight tweacle?

Comment

I only fish commercials, but big 1s! For short chuck you want a 10ft rod, then 11, 12 and 13 as you get longer. For less than 20M a 9 or 8ft rod would be even better. I would only ever use Daiwa but for less money I hear the Drennan are ok. An old Connoisseur X or Z 11 -13 is good at 11 and 13ft and they are often available on Ebay for around £100, bit less if you find 1 on here.

Comment

If you were to chuck 80yds on most commercials down this way you would be in the field or another lake mate
                          Personaly i love Long distance work .
                          Colin

Comment

Originally posted by NathanWatson View Post
                            I only fish commercials, but big 1s! For short chuck you want a 10ft rod, then 11, 12 and 13 as you get longer. For less than 20M a 9 or 8ft rod would be even better. I would only ever use Daiwa but for less money I hear the Drennan are ok. An old Connoisseur X or Z 11 -13 is good at 11 and 13ft and they are often available on Ebay for around £100, bit less if you find 1 on here.
                            What about the garbo rods what i mentioned nathan do you rate em

Comment

A mate ot mine has all the garbo rods.they are excellent

Comment

Working...
                              X