Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

A nother pole question boys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A nother pole question boys

The wife has kindly given me the go ahead to get myself a top end pole ! i know everyone has there own personal preference but i have narrowed it down to these 2

tournament pro x

garbo gmax 1000

be interested in what peoples comments are on each of the above poles.

Carl for everyone that gives his or her verdict someone will say its rubbish ,so if i were you ,go to a good tackle dealer get him to set say poles in your price range at the length you want sit on a seat box and try each one for balance and feel and if you want wear a BLINDFOLD cos i bet you a pound to a pinch of s--t that the names will sway you one way or another.Also if you know your local tackle dealer and he is a good honest chap he wont try to push one above another EVEN if he is an outlet for certain tackle !

Comment

Lol the reason i say this carl is that i have as my latest pole [2 years old] is a maver 401 ,now i will put my tin hat on in a min or two but imho its the best pole i have ever picked or used ,some will say dont shouttoo loud or it will break but honestly i think its the dogs doo dahs ,hey thats just my opinion .

Comment

spot on herbut,the best pole is the one that suits you best andthe kind of fishing you do,,its all to easy to be taken in by what ever the top boys fish with.
        as for a recomendation,a couple of lads in my club have got the tri cast veriton comp,not really top end but a damn fine pole,balance,strengh and good spares package.
        OFFICIAL CHAUFFER TO FAT LADS WHO CANT HOLD THERE DRINK

Comment

Out of the 2 I'd say the tourney x,but I've never seen the garbo. As mt says-don't discount a tri-cast,they've had very good write ups in the press.
          You lucky lucky boy! Let us know what you decide mate.
          Team south- 2014 talk angling inter regional team champs
          Alwight tweacle?

Comment

ive had a few daiwa poles from the tourney x spectron now a tourney pro and out of the three the tourney pro is the worst pole ive used other people will disagree others will agree i bought it cause everybody said that it will last longer than my spectron and to be honest it aint the only reason i stick with daiwas is cause ive 22 top4s that fit the pole

Comment

i Prefer the older tournament & the Spectrons to the Airity or the Pro
              I personaly dont like Garbolinos due to every 1 ive ever had continualy falling to bits , & poor after sales
              There are loads of poles out there
              Draw up a list of what you want it to do ,set yourself a budget & go look @ everything
              there will be 1 that stands out from the rest .
              Make is irrelevent get what suits your needs
              Colin

Comment

Originally posted by BIG COL View Post
                i Prefer the older tournament & the Spectrons to the Airity or the Pro
                I personaly dont like Garbolinos due to every 1 ive ever had continualy falling to bits , & poor after sales
                There are loads of poles out there
                Draw up a list of what you want it to do ,set yourself a budget & go look @ everything
                there will be 1 that stands out from the rest .
                Make is irrelevent get what suits your needs
                i thought it was only me that thought that

Comment

Fell to bits col i dont like the sound of that ! in what way like? i am willing to look at all makes coz i am going to take my time on this and not just rush in to spending
                  2 grand + as i said i fish commercials so i want something what is going to land me lumps and then in winter silvers so its got to be an all rounder.

At the moment i have a GXR 2001 i think its a great pole at 13mtrs but add more sections and it just falls away,so i do want something that i can fish comfortably at 13mtrs to 16mtrs.

Comment

I Have had 4 garbolinos super legion, power legion, premier legion and on everyone i had problems with sections breaking
                    Not top kits , Major section on the premier i had 2no4s 4 no5 1 no6 & 2no7s in 4 months
                    Every time i pushed it to 13mtrs something broke & they never had spares .
                    The new Tri casts are nice Very strong nicely balanced , designed for what you want
                    As is the Shimano Fireblood
                    To be honest for that money you wont struggle finding what you need
                    Colin

Comment

Working...
                    X