Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

£200 pole

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• £200 pole

whats the best pole for £200 here are a few ive looked at

avanti hyperactive 16m
    daiwa sr range
    daiwa yank and banks 10.6m
    map

any advice would be great and im mainly looking at the avanti one as it seems the best for the money

Nick i know of 2 or 3 top match anglers that have just got the Advanti 14.5 mtr pole it is very good
    The 16m one @ 200 is also great value & fairly light @ 14.5 mtrs both come with loads of spares
    Well worth the money
    I am going to pick up 1 of the 14.5 mtr ones as a back up for commies .
    Colin

Comment

Go and have a waggle with each one and find what suits you best! Then look at how many top kits etc you get and what back up service you get. I've only seen an avanti pole on the bank not in the shop and it looked quite bouncy and that was the so called was £1000 now £200 and I wasnt impressed. Personnaly from the above id look at the SR and the map poles easy to get spares and get a few top kits too.
      here carpy carpy carpy

Comment

anymore comments please and thanks to people s far

Comment

map 125 gr8 value for money
          stainforth angling full of loving for all ;)

Comment

Nick i have the following for sale

Maver 201 16m Pole For Sale
            Comes with 7 topkits elasticated with the following:
            2 Black Hydro
            2 Purple Hydro
            1 Double 5
            2 13 Hollow (Preston)
            Cupping kit

Pole around 12 months old in good condition changed the long number 4 for a short number 4
            Want £450 with elastic £400 without
            Collection preferred or may meet halfway depending on milage.

Ill give it to ya for 300.

Comment

£350 with Elastics

Comment

Originally posted by nick123 View Post
                whats the best pole for £200 here are a few ive looked at

avanti hyperactive 16m
                daiwa sr range
                daiwa yank and banks 10.6m
                map

any advice would be great and im mainly looking at the avanti one as it seems the best for the money
                The daiwa 'Yank n Bank' poles are really just margin poles. I had one and it was very soft and bouncy at more than 7 metres and to be honest I didn't trust it to be strong enough as a margin cruncher, so I would personally avoid that one.

Daiwa SR range are very nice poles but I doubt that you'll get a new one for £200 but you may get a secondhand SR2 or SR3 for that money.

MAP poles are usually quite nice but I would prefer the SR range but again you might find a decent TKS secondhand for a couple of hundred.

AVANTI poles are cheap and probably OK as a spare or second pole but I wouldn't waste money on the 16m model as you will struggle to use it at 14.5 let alone 16m.

My personal advice would be to look for a secondhand pole but don't be too worried about it being 16m as you will rarely need to use it at this length. Having said that there is somebody posting just before this one offering a very nice Maver 201 with loads of top kits for £300 which looks like a good deal to me.

Hope this helps matey. Graham
                [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

I bought a tidy used maver 101 for £180, and have never even had the 13M section on. Don't get excited for 16m if you only have £200 to play with.
                  [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Half man, half Octoplus, half bean wannabe test pilot.

Comment

Originally posted by luke carpstalker View Post
                    I bought a tidy used maver 101 for £180, and have never even had the 13M section on. Don't get excited for 16m if you only have £200 to play with.
                    I've also got a Maver 101 that I use as a spare and for my lad to use when he comes. These are really nice poles with all the features found on the whole range of Maver Comp' poles such as 'Sun Core' finish, teflon joints, Nanolith construction etc etc. All the sections are interchangeable throughout the whole Competition range so if you later upgraded with all your match winnings to one of the high end Mavers, all the top kits and sections will be OK on it. You can get a mint 101 with some top kits for £200.

Graham
                    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

cheers gaz but i dont have enough if i did i would snap your hand off is the maver 101 13m or 14,5 or what

Comment

The Maver 101 is 13m but you also get a half butt extension with it that takes it to almost 14m
                        [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

ok so how many tops do you think i could get with it for my money looking at second hand and preferably already elasticated thats where my money goes just on elastic and stuff

Comment

Nick

Would you be interested in my 101 assuming gaz is willing to sell me his 201 ? My 101 is as it left the shop, other than I coverted the cupping kit to a top 2.

I am in Cheshire, we could arrange a meet central to all of us for the swap.
                            [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Half man, half Octoplus, half bean wannabe test pilot.

Comment

sorry m8 im only 14 and dont drive also im not looking to get the pole till after christmas when i have a bit more mmoeny and sell some of my gear

Comment

Working...
                              X