Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Gamakatsu G line

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gamakatsu G line

Any good?

Any info on this is great.

Connor
    [CENTER][B][SIZE=1]Connor Beresford[/SIZE][/B]
    [COLOR="red"][B]Match and Coarse Fishing for Beginners and Juniors [/B][/COLOR]
    [URL="www.castandhope.webs.com/"]Home - Cast and Hope Angling[/URL]
    [COLOR="red"][B]Sonubaits 'Fin Perfect' Feed Pellet Review![/B][/COLOR][/CENTER]

Connor it is great line but a bit thick for stated diameter.
    On the gathering storm comes a tall handsome man, in a dusty black coat and red right hand.

Comment

I've been using it for years, and it works for me....prefer it to the preston stuff. Just got some of the silk shock stuff, but havent tried it yet.
      Real men fish rivers

Comment

I've not been that keen on the preston line. I've had it go all coiled and springlike in shape near the hook-knot a few times this season, usually after a lump or snag.
        [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Half man, half Octoplus, half bean wannabe test pilot.

Comment

the preston stuff seems quite thick for me.....a lot thicker than g-line. It would be interesting if someone on here has mic'd up all the leading lines and would share the info.
          Real men fish rivers

Comment

I have done what I use most, .24 came out at about .28, .21 about .25.

I have some lowers dia preston lines I'll do if interested.
            [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Half man, half Octoplus, half bean wannabe test pilot.

Comment

Has anyone got any spare g-line i could use for pole rigs save me 6 quid?
              [CENTER][B][SIZE=1]Connor Beresford[/SIZE][/B]
              [COLOR="red"][B]Match and Coarse Fishing for Beginners and Juniors [/B][/COLOR]
              [URL="www.castandhope.webs.com/"]Home - Cast and Hope Angling[/URL]
              [COLOR="red"][B]Sonubaits 'Fin Perfect' Feed Pellet Review![/B][/COLOR][/CENTER]

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Care View Post
                the preston stuff seems quite thick for me.....a lot thicker than g-line. It would be interesting if someone on here has mic'd up all the leading lines and would share the info.
                Steve lockett did a review in the anglers mail and used a micrometer,but I think it was reel lines,not sure if he also did pole lines.
                Team south- 2014 talk angling inter regional team champs
                Alwight tweacle?

Comment

Working...
                X