Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Sensas power match 764 advise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sensas power match 764 advise

Hi guys ,

Still looking for a new pole with around £1500 to spend. Looking for an allrounder with plenty of spares and have just looked at the sensas power match range on the Nathans of derby web site.

£1500 with 11 spare kits, My question is will I be getting a sub £1000 pole and paying for all the extras. would I be better paying for a pole with fewer spares ?

Does anyone here know how this pole handles?

I know you guys will say for that price I could get a really good second hand pole but I will be going for finance through fosters of bham.

This is the first expensive pole I will have bought so any advice would be very much appreciated.
    [COLOR="red"][SIZE="3"]SPONSORED BY MCDONALDS AND BURGER KING :p[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[url=http://eu.playstation.com/psn/profile/kuklinski999/] [img]http://mypsn.eu.playstation.com/psn/profile/kuklinski999.png[/img] [/url]

[url]http://www.dvd-and-media.com/playstation-wii-xbox-cases.html[/url]

You hit the nail on the head m8. Why do cheap cars come with free extras.For the price you are looking to spend m8, there are a lot of other poles out there to look at. Personally i would wait a little longer or look for a deal on a flagship tri cast m8, you dont need all the the spare 4s they dont break. I have 4 spare no4 for my aristo and 3 of them never been out of house, very comfortable pole very well ballanced and mega strong. Rated to 16 elastic (lol) 20 with ease and they come with a good package of spares, you only need loads of spares if they break (they dont job done). Before anyone says about spares these are 2nd to none on spares, and ive seen all the other flagships break around me.
    Paypal gift is for friends only

Comment

I have the 774 and really pleased with it. Sensas series 4 pole sections are all the same size so spares are readilly available and not too expensive.
      They also have a good range of extra kits, big fish top three is around 60quid.
      Ask chub tamer on thus site for a price!!!!!

Comment

the 746 was my first plan but due to cash flow i ended up with the 734 and ive got to say as an all round pole for less than a grand it cnt be beaten..fishable at any length with any elastic!! i use vespe hollows in 5 of my top kits and still fish them long!! yes i will admit the pole in the 5th sections rolls alot but with a super strong 5 and short 4 in place it will be like using a 774!! after having a waggle of the 764 i didnt see much difference between this and the 774!! im not to sure if its a top selection difference or maybe just a little less balanced but still use your money wisely and have a trip round some venues and ask some one to have a waggle of it sure they wont mind!
        [B][COLOR="blue"]"QUALITY AND VALUE HANDMADES AT THE RIGHT PRICE"[/COLOR][/B]

[B][SIZE="7"][COLOR="blue"]'I.L FLOATS'[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Comment

the only difference in the series 4 fishing at 16m was the extensions the 744 had match (pants) the 754 (competition) better and the 774 have (super competion) superb. If I was you go buy a 744 and put supercompetion extensions on you wont see a difference. There was guy selling some on fleabay for around £80 all in and they was nearly £300 a piece to buy. The new sensas pole are not compatible from either the 5th or 6th section backwards? The top kits from the old series 4 fit all the new poles its just further back. Like you also said the higher the numbers in the range the more kits you get and the competion top kits really do balance the pole better than the heavier carp kits but you only gets the comp kits on the 774 I think. All in all your paying for the extra kits and extensions which you do what ever pole you buy.
          here carpy carpy carpy

Comment

i got 4 comp kits with my 734!! and is that right the difference is the 11.5 13 and 14.5m sections?? hmmm i shall be having a couple if so and i was told the 774 number would fit on my 734??

Comment

the comp kits have silver logos on if you have them then its a bonus they are lighter than the standard match and carp kits.

Sorry my mistake I just looked at sensas website and it was the XL poles that have bigger diametres. So go get yourself the supercompetion extensions trust me you will see the difference immediately you can actually fish at 16m put the short 6/7 in and its a different pole.
              here carpy carpy carpy

Comment

I have owned the majority of sensas poles. I currently own the 774, 734, 114 and Margin Pole. The 734 is nowhere near the 774. nowhere! Even tho it is very true about the better quality extensions making a big difference, the 734 is nowhere near as good at 13m!

I wouldnt be suprised if you got a 774 for near your budget, but not on finance.

If you cant get a 774 cheap enough, try and get a deal on a Z9. Failing that a Garbo GMAX 800.

Sensas comp kits are silver, match yellow, big fish blue and uk power tops say UK Power! u only need match and maybe big fish. the match kits with 1's out take black hydro. I'd avoid the comp kits.

Comment

Originally posted by Smudger View Post
                  the comp kits have silver logos on if you have them then its a bonus they are lighter than the standard match and carp kits.

Sorry my mistake I just looked at sensas website and it was the XL poles that have bigger diametres. So go get yourself the supercompetion extensions trust me you will see the difference immediately you can actually fish at 16m put the short 6/7 in and its a different pole.

How do you fing the pole with the mini 6/7 in? I only use it on canals so i dont have half a large section behind me.

Comment

Fire in the Hole.

Here's my honest opinion.

If you measure all the 4 series poles they are all 0.5 Mtr Short (13 Mtr is actually 12.5 Mtr's) the Mini extension, Mini Plus 4 - 5 and the Mini 6 - 7 makes up the short fall.

Series 4 top 5 Kits fit all the new XL range.

Red Carp Kits are too heavy and unbalance the pole, I only use them on Super Strong 4, 5 & 6 sections as a margin pole.

Big Fish (Blue) top 3 "Take out the Number 1" and also No. 4 and 5 sections are the dogs doolies for carping. I have landed fish over 10lb on light laggies without any probs.

Match Kits (Yellow) supposed to be a bit better carbon than the Big Fish but I cant tell the difference.

Competition Kits (Silver) I use them for all my canal work and also Bream Fishing in Holland and also never had a problem.

Short 4's great bit of Kit for those deaper canals around Doncaster. Makes the pole as stiff as a poker but your fishing 1 Mtr shorter at full length, even shorter with the Number 1's taken out.

Super strong 4, 5 & 6 Sections are good for a marging pole and Monster Psyco Carp.

Dont have any extra extensions so cant comment.

To be honest it took me ages to get used to the 774 from using an Elite 47 Maver but they are two completely different poles. I also have a Crazy Power 424 with four top five kits for use in Holland but it breaks my back, this year I used the 774 and it was a dream to use.

Sheffieldlad, as we live close by you can take a look and compare all the sections at my Gaff as we live close.

Comment

sound buster bring them down a 774 with a silver top kit cheers matey

Comment

Working...
                      X