Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Shimano Exage BX Pro 14.5 Pole

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shimano Exage BX Pro 14.5 Pole

Anyone got one of these? if so are they any good, looking for an upgrade.

Come on guys not all of us are rich, lol

Comment

Hi Reecebrad,

Ive not got a BX but i have the AX and i can honestly say its an amazing pole!

light, straight, and really strong!

I would be inclined to pop down to your local tackle shop and sit on a box with one.

I can only imagine that it would be similar to the AX, and if thats the case then you wont go far wrong.

why dont you check out the AX? im not posative however i think its cheeper than the BX.

Good luck mate and let me know how you get on.
      To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

Comment

Have a look at this link Reecebrad, you can see both poles here. You may be able to get one slightly cheaper however i dont think these prices will be far off.

Just be aware that the BX doesnt come with power tops for carp fishing, and i have heard people say that its better suited to silvers and small carp, whereas the AX does come with power tops, and ive had carp to 12lb on mine with absolutely no problem at all.

Shimano Poles & Whips
        To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

Comment

Me again,

Just had a look on the website that i got mine from (link below) and noticed that they are selling the AX for £ 307 ! absolute bargain.

The staff here were really helpful, and will post anywhere.

Shimano Poles : wmac angling and fishing tackle online, The New WMAC!!

Comment

Cheers m8y thanks for that. I am also looking at the Daiwa connoisseur g8 but this would be a second hand one. Not sure if that is an out and out carp pole though. I also do quite a bit of silver fishing so want something that does both. I have read that the AX is a much better pole that the BX and that they are out of stock and i would be lucky to find one.
            Last edited by reecebrad; 5 November 2010, 02:47 PM.

Comment

It would be worth finding one mate. They are still out there, i would be inclined to do some hunting through the internet if i was you.

Comment

Working...
              X