Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Daiwa G8 reviews

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daiwa G8 reviews

Need some good advice lads before i take the plunge. Is this pole any good? Comes at 16m with standard package ie 4 tops holdal +cupping kit. Also what you think its worth in near mint condition.

Hi its a good pole m8. with that package its worth £450/£500

Comment

I picked up a Daiwa G8 secondhand several months back and think it is excellent.

I went for the G8 instead of a top end pole as I tend to be a bit heavy handed thinking it was a strong option with reasonably priced spares. Also most of my fishing is done up to the 13 meter mark so it would be money wasted on something more expensive.

Since getting it, it has been used every week up to three times, fished up to 14.5 meters and found it easy to handle and can fish shallow for carp and silvers easily holding it and using a catty all day, even at 16 meters it isn't too bad and reasonably light and fishable. Have caught numerous ton plus weights including some over 200lb just using the match kits fitted with 10-14 solid elastic, number 1's removed, and had no issues regarding strength.

Not sure about the value but would think a good one secondhand would fetch around the £500 mark?
      [IMG]http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b313/nick_the_2nd/Banner-ad-1.jpg[/IMG]
      [url]www.float-store.co.uk[/url]

Comment

Same as nick says bang on pole mate strong as an ox very light and stiff, old school poles mate you cant go wrong ive got the old daiwa whisker performance and i love it. If you asked me to swap with a torny or airity id tel you to get on your bike go for it mate.
        [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
        [COLOR="RoyalBlue"]" MY HANDMADE FLOAT SHOP "[/COLOR]
        [COLOR="Black"][/COLOR][url]www.sackup-floats.co.uk[/url]

[COLOR="Red"]" SILICONE FLOAT TUBING NOW AVAILABLE CLEAR,STRONG BUT SOFT PM ME FOR DETAILS "[/COLOR]
        [url]http://www.talkangling.co.uk/upload/tackle_sale/35000-float_silicone_tubing.html[/url]

Comment

Originally posted by SACKUP View Post
          Same as nick says bang on pole mate strong as an ox very light and stiff, old school poles mate you cant go wrong ive got the old daiwa whisker performance and i love it. If you asked me to swap with a torny or airity id tel you to get on your bike go for it mate.
          why wudnt u swap it for a stronger stiffer pole lol

Comment

The old whisker was a pile of rubbish lol

Comment

G8 is a superb pole and the package you describe would most probably be worth around the £500 mark. There's one on ebay at the moment with the same package that you describe so I'm guessing that's the one you're looking at. He's open to 'Best Offers' so if you were keen on it then I would offer something within £50 of the asking price. He's had lots of offers which have been rejected and you only get three offers before you have to then buy it at at the 'Buy it Now' price. Would be worth an offer at say £510 to start with. Good luck mate.
              [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Originally posted by FORDY-1 View Post
                why wudnt u swap it for a stronger stiffer pole lol
                Good question really that I will reply to!!

Yes a top end pole will be slightly stiffer and responsive at longer lengths, but whatever the advertising says they are never as strong in my opinion as a mid range pole like the G8.

Another reason you may prefer a cheaper pole is that if you tend to be heavy handed and chuck them about sooner or later you are likely to break a no4 or 5 section and the cost of replacement will be around £70 instead of about £250! Pole spares are a thing that some don't take into consideration when buying a pole and for some brands they are stupidly expensive!

It is all about choosing a pole that will suit you style and type of fishing and that may not be the most expensive top end model.
                [IMG]http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b313/nick_the_2nd/Banner-ad-1.jpg[/IMG]
                [url]www.float-store.co.uk[/url]

Comment

Agreed to buy it and aranged to meet today and he txs and says hes sold it elswhere, typical. Still their will be others no doubt.

Comment

Keep an eye on this mate Daiwa Connoisseur G8 Power Pole 16mts on eBay (end time 12-Nov-10 18:55:46 GMT)
                    Hope you have more luck with this one.
                    Don't you just love it when your daughter kicks your ass:o

Comment

Snap never broke my whisker on a fish but heard loads of top end poles go snap. Stiffer they are the more chance of snapping in my eyes i like a good bend when you lean in to a lump. When it comes to holding it long all day i just man up grit my teeth and get my head down. The g8,old whisker ect ect are mens poles like nick says,sling em about and they bounce bk each to there own mind.
                      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
                      [COLOR="RoyalBlue"]" MY HANDMADE FLOAT SHOP "[/COLOR]
                      [COLOR="Black"][/COLOR][url]www.sackup-floats.co.uk[/url]

[COLOR="Red"]" SILICONE FLOAT TUBING NOW AVAILABLE CLEAR,STRONG BUT SOFT PM ME FOR DETAILS "[/COLOR]
                      [url]http://www.talkangling.co.uk/upload/tackle_sale/35000-float_silicone_tubing.html[/url]

Comment

Working...
                      X