Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

preston df 10 suit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• preston df 10 suit

hi guys,
    have any of you bought one of these suits,or seen any on the banks? i'm just after some feedback,as i'm thinking of getting one. i've seen them on ebay for £175 and i'm just wondering if they're worth the dosh or not?
    cheers
    paul.
    Team south- 2014 talk angling inter regional team champs
    Alwight tweacle?

If i was going to spend that kind of money i would go for protak ! you would have change as well

Comment

Good point,carl. The 3 options I'm thinking at the moment are.... (I need a xxxl to be honest,so I can actually move and ship a pole back-my xxl's restrict movement too much)

Protak (I've heard good things on here and they do the sizes I need,and they're a good price-so they're winning at the moment)

Preston df10- (look good,slghtly more expensive,but also do my size)

Sensas-(nathans of derby have got a sale on,so very reasonably priced,they do my size,they look a bit over the top sometimes,though)

So,protak are winning-i'd go for a pole jacket and overtrousers if I go with them-would this be warm enough for the height of winter? I'd wear layers underneath,so should be fine. I wear shimano tribal for my barbel and chub fishing,which are superb,but look a numpty sat on a milo tardis fishing a pole looking like a speccy boy! I can't stretch the budget to goretex unfortunately either
      Any input appreciated,as always chaps ;-)
      Alwight tweacle?

Comment

I've got the df 1000..it has been the best suit i have ever worn..i've used browning and shimano but the df 1000 is by far the best and i've used it in torential rain, full snow storm and very high winds.... not to mention Ireland lol...matched with the boots..nothing gets in...The prices at the moment are pretty good considering i paid full price when they first came out...but i would certainly pay that amount again for this suit.
        :cool:

Comment

Hi P.K, ive been umming and R ing about a new suit mate and if im honest, everyone im speaking to is saying Protak.

Think ill get the bib and brace plus the pole jacket for a total of £ 120!

Cant fault that mate for price.
          To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

Comment

Hi blueser, I've only heard good things about protak too mate-have you seen the review pete m did on the tr range in his blog? Looks very good for the price. I'm certainly swaying towards it ;-)
            Alwight tweacle?

Comment

Yeh i did mate. Ive heard others talk about them too. I appreciate that you get what you pay for and am not tight but cant see the point in spending £300 quid if you really dont need to!
              To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

Comment

hi paul, bought protak stuff about 8 years ago and its that good ive just ordered some replacements as mine are looking a bit tired now, mainly due to me not looking after them, but still as warm and dry as it was when new
                give em a ring asap though cos theres about a 3 week wait as they are really busy at the moment
                heaven wont have me
                and hells afraid i'll take over

Comment

Cheers chaps,
                  It's looking like protak then ;-)
                  Alwight tweacle?

Comment

And for me!

Comment

Ordered mine today!

Gone for the TR Bib and Brace and the TR Pole Jacket in blue.

Spoke to a lovely lady this evening on the phone (who tells me that shes just had a knee replacement! bless!) who was very helpful.

She tells me that they've got some blue TR stuff going through at the moment so might be as soon as 1 - 2 weeks! (result as some people have been told 3- 4)

I'll let you know how i get on with it!

You watch, we'll have a bloomin heat wave and really mild winter now!!!!!!!!!!!! :-)

Comment

Lol! I'll be on the blower as soon as the wages hit the overdraft on friday! I'm gonna go for black,as I've got a dark side! ;-)
                        Alwight tweacle?

Comment

Had to be Blue for the Blueser P.K! lol

Comment

Thank god you're not called the pinkster then,mate!
                            Alwight tweacle?

Comment

Hey, joking apart, i had mates at school called Pinky and Greeny!

Comment

Working...
                              X