Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Reel Recommendation.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reel Recommendation.

I have just bought a cracking reel, and it was only £30.00. It is the MAP Matchtek 2, RDX30. It looks superb, it's really well made and I cannot believe it only costs £30. It comes with 3 yes 3 spare spools, a spare handle, so you have the choice of a double handle or single. It has a retrieve ratio of 5:2:, 9 ball bearing and they do a slightly larger one for feeder fishing. Anyone thinking of a new reel for reasonable money, or just looking for an ace reel, really should take a look.......David.

to be honest im not to keen on MAP gear, id rather the shakespear mach 3 which also includes 3 spare spools and a double and single handle, also it comes with an excellent reel case

Comment

Diawa tdr
      Team Mosella Black Country

Sex is like Poker.
      If you havnt got a good partner.
      Then you better have a good Hand

Comment

i want to get daiwa ones if they sponsor me

Comment

Mmmm....must take a look at that Shakespear, sounds good.

Comment

Still prefer the Map, plus you get 2 extra ball bearings and a fancy knob thingy on the back.

Comment

Originally posted by Busa
              Still prefer the Map, plus you get 2 extra ball bearings and a fancy knob thingy on the back.

what does this fancy knob thingy do?
              [FONT="System"][COLOR="Black"]Matt.Ingram be the name
              Guess who is back...
              [COLOR="Red"]Shiamano[/COLOR]
              [/COLOR][/FONT]

Comment

Originally posted by Busa View Post
                I have just bought a cracking reel, and it was only £30.00. It is the MAP Matchtek 2, RDX30. It looks superb, it's really well made and I cannot believe it only costs £30. It comes with 3 yes 3 spare spools, a spare handle, so you have the choice of a double handle or single. It has a retrieve ratio of 5:2:, 9 ball bearing and they do a slightly larger one for feeder fishing. Anyone thinking of a new reel for reasonable money, or just looking for an ace reel, really should take a look.......David.
                Got three of these and for the money they are very difficult to beat. No problems with the build quality, as opposed to the very tacky finish to the other MAP reel I bought, which was a CFS30 front drag. The plastic parts on that have lost their gold finishings already - the only saving grace being an excellent handle.

The RDX30 is a very refined reel for bargain-basement money - I paid £19.99 each, which has sorted my waggler, light feeder and bomb rods out. With nine spare spools for that little lot, every eventuality should be covered.

Comment

Hi,

There are some fantastic cheap reels out there. But only if you take a chance on them. I hate finding out when playing a fish or casting that the alarm jam's which is common in lower priced reels. I use Diawa TDR and whisker and have to say they are smooth as a baby's A*se.

I have heard good things about the shakespeare reels i may go have a look.

Cheers
                  Bren
                  [URL="http://www.talkangling.co.uk/upload/match_fishing_talk_angling_chat.html?nojs=1#goto_forumsearch"]A Brilliant little function[/URL]

Comment

Sounds good mate

Im going to need to buy some new reels before long i will take a look at thoese and the shakespear match 3's !!!!
                    Asi Seat Box For Sale Pm With Interest! :D :p

Comment

Working...
                    X