Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

New Pole help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Pole help please

I'm thinking of getting a new pole soon at the moment I have a maver comp pole with loads of top kits a spare 4 ect so should I get a newer maver comp and keep my spares or I've been thinking of selling the lot and getting a daiwa g20 or I've seen the whisker all terrain for £100 more. Is the whisker much better than the g20? Any help would be great......
    [url]Www.blacksilverbaits.co.uk[/url] - quality groundbaits!

Hi mate,send big si a pm, he's got the whisker all terrain,and he says it's the nuts! Hope this helps
    Paul.
    Team south- 2014 talk angling inter regional team champs
    Alwight tweacle?

Comment

Originally posted by lewisb1990 View Post
      I'm thinking of getting a new pole soon at the moment I have a maver comp pole with loads of top kits a spare 4 ect so should I get a newer maver comp and keep my spares or I've been thinking of selling the lot and getting a daiwa g20 or I've seen the whisker all terrain for £100 more. Is the whisker much better than the g20? Any help would be great......
      Hi Lewis,

The new range of Maver Com' poles are really nice but I think you might notice that they don't feel as light as your 371. The reason for this is that Maver have listened to criticisms of the earlier models and have really beefed up sections 5, 6, 7, and 8 in order to make them much stronger and they really are now very powerful poles. The downside to this is that the weights have gone up by around 90 to 100 grams at 13 metres which may not sound a lot but it's 3 oz+ and you might just feel that the newer Maver doesn't feel as good as the older ones. The plus side is that it can take a lot more punishment. Personally I never ever had any problems with sections breaking but I know a number of people did complain and clearly Maver reacted to this.

As regards the Daiwa Whisker, I know that Big Si absolutely loves his one and if it's only a £100 more than the G20 it would probably be worth going for. I think I'm right in saying that spare sections are compatible with G20, Tournament Pro X and Airity as well.

Hope this helps mate. Graham
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Hi just sold a whisker one of the best poles iv had for the money you will not get better for that price m8 only sold it so i can get a pro x are airity i mite regret it

Comment

watcha lew ... like i said everyones taste in pole differs so even how much i love my all terrain someone else might say
          they love the G20 or tourny , the person who sold me the pole (top fella and a great angler) said if i don't like it he would
          refund my money in full after useing it 4 or 5 times so enough said, but you may not like it its your touch and feel for a
          pole that counts. Can you go to a shop were they sell loads of poles set up??

Comment

hi thanks for th replys lads the shop nearest me only has the g20 and maver comp poles in stock it may be worth taking a trip up to fosters of birmingham to have a waggle with the others to try what are daiwa like for spares prices? thanks again

Comment

lewis have a look on ted carters website or fishermans friend.... good luck in your quest if you have 2 grand + theres a brand new airity
              2011 version on the bay mate!!!!

Comment

not quite £2000 lol i wish if i sell my pole im looking to have around £1500 towards a new pole mate im keeping my eyes open thanks mate

Comment

For not much more than that you might be able to pick up a tricast aristocrat. Much better than the poles youve mentioned so far.

Comment

cheers mark do you own one what do you think of it? what kits dose it come with? ive heard they down have three extensions likt most pole just 2? as its under 16m? is that correct? thanks lewis

Comment

the whisker is just a little stiffer at full lenght mate thats all go for the g20 mate
                      [SIZE=7][/SIZE][SIZE=7][/SIZE][SIZE=1][/SIZE][SIZE="6"][SIZE=1][SIZE=7]malman floats[COLOR="#FF0000"][/COLOR][SIZE=5][/SIZE][B][/B][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][COLOR="#0000CD"][/COLOR]

Comment

I had the new maver 321 earlier this year and it's a completely different animal compared to my 301...
                        The difference in strenght is very noticable as maver man said, the maver engineers have really beefed everything up.. to the point where I had to totally rethink how I was playing fish because I was pulling out of too many, the pole gave me so much confidence I found myself bullying everything.
                        The added weight is noticable,but only at the longer lenghts..the actual feel of the pole in your hands is sublime.
                        My only gripe would be at 16mtr the 321 does droop about 10cm more than the 301.. but the pro's far outweigh the cons.. plus all your top kits would fit..
                        I am very happy with the 321, maver produced a real class product...

Carl.
                        [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] ALLENS TACKLE AND BAITS, LEAMORE, WALSALL.

Comment

Save your pennies and get an Elite 77 or Maver 501 as you should be able to get one at a very good price not the Match This series and Elite 88 are coming out Lewis.

Comment

Gilbo what do you use? I fish slot of commercials and I've been told the ellite 77 Is very fragile? I'm hoping the 501 will drop soon like the 481 did last year

Comment

Working...
                            X