Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Feeder Reels....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feeder Reels....

Im looking for all your advice on a few reels ive been looking at which are priced between £20-£40 on ebay. My sons want to buy me a reel for xmas and my wife says thet want to choose one themselves without my help (not)... Im not going to let them part with all their paper money bless them so the budget is £40 max.

My only feeder reel is a Daiwa Whisker and i'd love another but to expensive for them. Ones ive looked at that are of simalar design and make are the Daiwa Crossfire and Sweepfire 3000x the Daiwa Procaster X 3500 and the Daiwa RS4000i. Im not sure of there size and performace in relation to the Whisker, but they need to be ok to use on mainly Commys and fit well with Garbolino Rocket picker rods i use.

Which size Whisker do you use this should then guide you the right model. I would have thought a 4000 would be too big with the rocket. I use Daiwa reels but allways have matching pairs as the spools are interchangable & you put 1 rod down pick up the other & everything is the same. cheers John
    John

Comment

The Whisker i use is the 3012. The reels ive mentioned above do come in smaller sizes its just finding out which would be better if so?

Comment

of the ones you mention the procaster x seems the better reel, but what about a 2nd hand Whisker you could always advertise on here
        John

Comment

Ive tried that with no luck but will keep trying. The Procast is the more expensive so is prob the best but is it of the same size of a Whisker? Are the others poor reels and cheap for a resaon?

Comment

Its got more ball bearings & ali spools. Ive just looked on ebay & you can get a brand new Whisker 3012 for £62.69 delivered, get the wife to put £20 towards it. Better to have 2 the same
            John

Comment

Hi mate,just to throw another into the mix-take a look at the colmic kometa-a great little reel,very similar to the daiwa td's and whiskers.I prefer double handles,which is why I sold it,but you get a whole lot of reel for the money. Typically I sold one yesterday on here for £40! I know chubb tamer had some in his shop,if you're interested,send him a pm,he may have one for £40 odd.
              Team south- 2014 talk angling inter regional team champs
              Alwight tweacle?

Comment

I personally would try my hardest to get a Shimano - fantastic reels
                To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

Comment

The Wife has payed for my trip abroad with the lads next year god bless her (but she's not happy me going away and she aint) so asking for another penny is pushing it. If i could get a second hand one off here i would it but ive always just missed them. Are all the colmic Kometa reels double handled Paul? I did see your post but the double handle was the only thing that put me off to be honest as it does look a decent reel for the money? Bluser i have 2 Shimano Aero Perfection 3000 XT 7 reels and they are the business and great for Waggler work but a touch to big for my Feeder Rods.

Comment

No mate,the colmic is single handled,I just prefer double,especially for feeder fishing. Well worth a look.
                    Alwight tweacle?

Comment

Its funny Paul I like double handles for feeder fishing as they balance better but prefer single handles on the float. cheers John
                      John

Comment

Very true,john. It's easier to set the tip just right with a balanced double handle. Great minds,eh? ;-)
                        Alwight tweacle?

Comment

Another vote for shimano.
                          Shimano P3 Reels – Glasgow Angling Centre
                          These are amazing little reels my grandad has got one but it may be a bit small for what you want it for.
                          [CENTER][B][SIZE=1]Connor Beresford[/SIZE][/B]
                          [COLOR="red"][B]Match and Coarse Fishing for Beginners and Juniors [/B][/COLOR]
                          [URL="www.castandhope.webs.com/"]Home - Cast and Hope Angling[/URL]
                          [COLOR="red"][B]Sonubaits 'Fin Perfect' Feed Pellet Review![/B][/COLOR][/CENTER]

Comment

lol another vote for double handles too !

Comment

Originally posted by herbert the turbut View Post
                              lol another vote for double handles too !
                              and even better when its on an exage eh clive lol
                              id have a look at the p3 though,
                              brookside anglers EX- superstar

Comment

Working...
                              X