Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

good deal or just a lump of rubbish?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• good deal or just a lump of rubbish?

hi guys looking for two identical reels for my float and feeder rods. im looking for small reels that don't have bad back wind problems. i have found these two reels that look and sound good but i was wondering what you guys think. here is the link : Avanti STR3500 Match reel twin pack - Dragon Carp Direct

www.fishingsos.yolasite.com

cheers

dominic(14)

Hi Dominic,

If they suit your budget then they will be fine BUT you do only get what you pay for!!!
    I dont know the reels in question, i would say that they will do the intended job but there will be better reels around.

If you are serious about your fishing & by the look of the amount of enthusiasm and interest you show you will soon out grow reels like these.

Maybe save your pennies up and get a couple of second hand reels at a later date, may take a little longer but in the long run buying something better will save you money.

Comment

Go to your local tackle shop mate
      On the gathering storm comes a tall handsome man, in a dusty black coat and red right hand.

Comment

Does the fact you can buy 2 reels for a tenner not tell you all you need to know?
        [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Half man, half Octoplus, half bean wannabe test pilot.

Comment

To be honest Dominic
          Over the last 30yrs the technology in reels has come on in leaps & bounds
          Reels that are now for sale @ ridiculously low prices are better today than a reel that would have cost a weeks wages in the 80s
          A few years back during the change over from Closed face to open i started to use budget priced reels ,
          with the intention of changing them every 12 months
          I still have a few that are still in good order that are 20yrs old
          Dont be afraid to use a budget reel mate even if it only lasts 1 year it will be a bargain
          You can always upgrade your tackle as you improve
          Colin

Comment

Working...
          X