Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

carpa chimp - whats the alternative

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• carpa chimp - whats the alternative

ive really fallen out of love with these floats, there very soft balsa and im sick of varnishing them with hard as nails (shotting has come off some when ive varnished them)

is there any alterative float on the market ( that i dont have to varnish)

cheers
    Gav

malmans, wilkos, hillbillys, nick gilberts?

out of the shop bought floats, the durafloat 7's are about the best. In my opinion - of course.
    Real men fish rivers

Comment

Hi Gav.
      sent you a P.M
      all the best steve.

Comment

I loved these floats too but i fell out with them due to line cutting through them so easy.

Comment

True
          To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

Comment

pb inter 3 or similar to chimps i have the same trouble with the varnish . put 1 strock over the shotting then leave it to dry then go back and put another coat on it should be fine if that doesn't work right the styl size on in tippex ie 12 for 4x12 or 14 for 4x14 ex then that will not come off as easy

Comment

I found the carpa '3' s I think to be very good. They have a little tube through the body for the line
              [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Half man, half Octoplus, half bean wannabe test pilot.

Comment

Gav have a look at sharks lots his selling all quality floats the mw peas are shallow floats obviously but the rest are quality
                all mw floats are pukka and hillbilly and nick gilberts you pay for quality not quantity.... i say Maver man (grahams) look good aswell
                what sort of style do you mainly fish I.E what baits and at dead depth?????

Comment

had the same problem mate, I loved the carpa chimps but once smashed three in one session from hookpulls and snags. I looked around the forums and tried a couple of the hand made floats and finally settled on hillbilly chumps this was 6-7 months ago and I am still to lose or break one, also they do not take on water and have better hi-viz tips. Get a couple and give them a try mate you won't look back ....bb

Comment

Silverback mk2

My silverback mk2's will be available soon, in testing they’ve been labelled as a kc chimp on steroids

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
                    [COLOR="RoyalBlue"]" MY HANDMADE FLOAT SHOP "[/COLOR]
                    [COLOR="Black"][/COLOR][url]www.sackup-floats.co.uk[/url]

[COLOR="Red"]" SILICONE FLOAT TUBING NOW AVAILABLE CLEAR,STRONG BUT SOFT PM ME FOR DETAILS "[/COLOR]
                    [url]http://www.talkangling.co.uk/upload/tackle_sale/35000-float_silicone_tubing.html[/url]

Comment

Working...
                    X