Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Whats the best 14.5m pole

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats the best 14.5m pole

I am looking for a new 14.5m pole but need it to be as light as possible & easy to handle due to a disability with my left arm following a stroke 8 years ago, mainly pleasure fish on the Thames but odd club matches on commercials. need a very smooth friction free finish as I am shipping back one handed on to a pole roller. My gut feeling is to go with a Maver but in my match fishing days had Daiwa but what about Preston, Garbolino or any other suggestions. cheers John
    John

Try the shimano exage it brilliant,value for money handles well and has a very smooth finish.I made a big mistake selling mine and buying the maver 101.Tried to buy it back but the fella i sold it to wont part with it.

Comment

do browning still do the black magic? lightest pole ive ever had a waggle with
      brookside anglers EX- superstar

Comment

John
        The black magic is still available & sounds as if it would be suitable for your needs !!
        Colin

Comment

shimano exage mate a good silver fish pole that will handle double figure carp as well ,nicely priced and a good spares package and no i don,t work for shimano lol
          nige cooke

Comment

Shimano Exage AX 14.5 mate without a doubt!

Had mine for about 18 months now and absolutely love it. Cost less than £ 400 and in my opinion is as good if not better than some poles more than double the cost!
            To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

Comment

my mates got the daiwa sr3 and loves it im sure theres a sr4 and sr5 which suppose to be better
              Lisa, if the Bible has taught us nothing else, and it hasn't, it's that girls should stick to girls sports, such as hot oil wrestling and foxy boxing and such and such.

Homer J Simpson.

Comment

Thanks lads
                John

Comment

maver cometition range arnt that smooth either and they certainly stick when wet! i have two of them! They are very fishable at 14,50 though............

Comment

Originally posted by lambrettasx200 View Post
                    Thanks lads
                    hi ive got the shimano exage 15mtr with 11 top kits. 2 no4s which av been pro repaired. it as a extra power no5. extra 13mtr .extra 11 an arf mtr an extra 1omtr sections. basically its 2 poles. thinking of selling it . cheers

Comment

Well I have bought a Shimano exage BX allrounder, 14.5m, 4 top 3s, cupping kit,dolly butt,& holdall brand new on a special deal £339 what a pole for that money, well pleased. cheers John
                      John

Comment

Well done john,I saw that deal in a mag,climax tackle I think. A lot of pole for the money mate ;-)
                        Team south- 2014 talk angling inter regional team champs
                        Alwight tweacle?

Comment

has your tops got the elastigate system on it cos the top two.s are a bit short and am thinkin of buying three number three sections and running elastic through them all
                          nige cooke

Comment

cookie, the bx came with 4 top 3 match kits & there is a packet with the elastigate system but I wont use it. cheers John
                            John

Comment

if your throwing em away i.ll take em off you how much do you want for them
                              nige cooke

Comment

Working...
                              X