Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

How fine for winter set up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How fine for winter set up?

Hi all,

Was just wondering how fine you guys go with lines and hooks on commercials at this time of the year?

I personally am happy to go down to a circa 2lb hooklength and 20 hook for pole work, can still land the odd lump if the tackle is balanced.
    To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

exactly the same as you pal, down to a 0.9 - 0.10 hooklength, i do prefer to stay up with an 18 though, as my main hookbait for commies is a 4mm expander, and an 18 hook will hide inside,

If its maggot work then yes a finer wire 20 will do the job.

Ian
    Effort = Reward.

Comment

Nice one Ian

Good to see Defoe back in full training today!
      To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

Comment

0.10 hook lenghts mate would be no problem as the carp are fairly dorment and only know they are hooked when they see the net,if you have snags though mate i would be on 0.14 minimum as you cant afford to lose any fish in the winter,its also a lot to do with balance mate,drop your elastics as well ...........................jermane defoe is a yido........................

Comment

Working...
        X