Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Perfect F1 float. ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Perfect F1 float. ??

Used a Maver Elite series 1, 0.20g float yesterday which i had dotted pretty much right down to a dimple. Slim wire stemmed fibre tipped float.. I was getting small dips on the tip which it took me an hour to realise were the bites.. lol

Is there a better suited float out there that is suitable for commy that does not suffer from undertow at all, and is circa 4 ft deep at most..?? Fishing maggot or small expander for F1s.
    Effort = Reward.

Was that at priory mate?

Comment

Malman champers
      here carpy carpy carpy

Comment

Mick Wilkinson pea, foot deep with 4mm hard pellet on hair!

Comment

Billy makin canal grey! ;-)
          To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

Comment

Kev,

no pal, i fish at Royal's Lake, Leverton on a Tuesday..

Nathan, I dont think theres enough of em in there for them to compete off bottom this time of the year, Its all on the deck fishing.

Smudger, good thinking pal, i have a couple of Champers stuck away somewhere, i shall have a looksee at them.
            Effort = Reward.

Comment

Carpa F1's aint bad
              To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

Comment

I use these and they're pretty good. HANDMADE POLE FLOATS "F1 STIX" 4X10, 4X12, 4X14 OR 4X16 on eBay (end time 21-Nov-10 10:27:17 GMT)

Comment

nice lookin floats

Comment

Hillbillys new pencil float. Totally the best F1 float out there.
                    On the gathering storm comes a tall handsome man, in a dusty black coat and red right hand.

Comment

Originally posted by ian_kent View Post
                      Kev,

no pal, i fish at Royal's Lake, Leverton on a Tuesday..

Nathan, I dont think theres enough of em in there for them to compete off bottom this time of the year, Its all on the deck fishing.

Smudger, good thinking pal, i have a couple of Champers stuck away somewhere, i shall have a looksee at them.
                      Have you tried it?

Comment

TBH Nath, no i havent bud,

The match winning weights are high 20 - low 30lb ish.. Which equates to circa 40 fish.

So id decided in my head that there wasnt quite enough F1s for them to compete as per a "normal" commercial thats stocked to the rafters..

I may well give it a bash next tuesday though, you reckon theyd be happy on the pellet still rather than spray a few maggots about..??

Ian
                        Effort = Reward.

Comment

Don't know the venue mate, pellets work best most places I go and F1s will always come shallow in open water. Not a horrible snake lake is it?

Comment

I find the best thing for F1s is a bucket of ethyl 9 aminobenzoate, lol
                            [I][url]www.aquonix.co.uk[/url]

Comment

Originally posted by NathanWatson View Post
                              Don't know the venue mate, pellets work best most places I go and F1s will always come shallow in open water. Not a horrible snake lake is it?
                              horseshoe shape Nath, circa 25 pegs in total..
                              Effort = Reward.

Comment

Working...
                              X