Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Preston pulla kits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Preston pulla kits

IVE JUST BOUGHT A POLE THAT INCLUDED PULLA KITS,IVE NEVER USED THEM BEFORE,WHEN IS THE BEST TIME TO USE THEM AND HOW?????

About late Autumn!!
    Stick them in the ground with the narrow tip @ the top
    Place your seeds at the base of pole & apply some loose cable ties along the length of tip
    These come in handy when you plants start to grow as you can tie string around stem to add Support !!!!!!!!!
    As you most probably worked out by now
    I Dont like Pulla kits
    Good luck with them Pal although i dont have a good word for them ,there are many that do
    Colin

Comment

They're used to tighten the elastic when you're down to the top kit with a fish on-it's effectively handlining,and you can net the fish quicker by manually pulling on the elastic. Some love it,some hate it. It can save valuable netting time in matches in the right hands,though.
      Team south- 2014 talk angling inter regional team champs
      Alwight tweacle?

Comment

i wouldnt worry too much about how to use these pulla kits becuase you wont be catching many fish with them anyway!!!!!yours truly!

Comment

I only use them now its cold.Ive got a white hydro in one and yellow maver 6-10 in the other.Fishing for silvers on commercials it enables you to get some control if a decent carp shows up.I must admit ive been surprised this autumn/winter on the size of fish that you can get out now the waters cooled down.Because of the light elastic i suppose the fish dont realise they are hooked so its a case of coaxing them in then banyoing them.Ive never put a strong elastic in so cant comment on there strength,but ive had no problems with my set up.Also match tops for my preston are about £100.I think i payed £80 for two pulla kits,and they seem about the same weight as my match tops so would probably be ideal for lighter canal work,could just elasticate the first section instead of running the laccy through the two sections.
          cornerstone.

Comment

I didnt like them originally however, after using them for the last 2 seasons i can now honestly say that i now wouldnt be without them!

They enable you to use a softer elastic than you normally would which in turn ensures that you bump off or pull out of less fish.

They enable you to then take up some of the slack elastic when the fish is tiring which in effect turns the elastic into a stronger guage.

I would suggest giving one a go at least but do understand and accept that they are not for everyone.
            To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

Comment

Stuff em. get winder bungs
              [CENTER][B][SIZE=1]Connor Beresford[/SIZE][/B]
              [COLOR="red"][B]Match and Coarse Fishing for Beginners and Juniors [/B][/COLOR]
              [URL="www.castandhope.webs.com/"]Home - Cast and Hope Angling[/URL]
              [COLOR="red"][B]Sonubaits 'Fin Perfect' Feed Pellet Review![/B][/COLOR][/CENTER]

Comment

I love em all my power kits are pulla kits,and they are cheaper than buying power kits

Comment

Originally posted by connor View Post
                  Stuff em. get winder bungs
                  Have you tried them connor? only i thought that before actually giving them a chance
                  To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

Comment

I use them on my power kits due to using doubled elastic 6,8,10.
                    I also use them for my solid Preston Slip latex set soft. 10,12,14.

In using them it allows the elastic to be set softer and therefore is better on the lift. the fish can run if it wants and then once you get back to your top 2 you simply take up some of the slack to enable you to net the fish.

Set your self a weekend to go out and have a go with them, just take your time and good luck.
                    [SIZE="3"][COLOR="#2e8b57"][COLOR="lime"][SIZE="4"]Maver-Rich[/SIZE][/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE]

NEW PB 108lb 2oz, 26/08/2012 Wyatt?s pool, Cobhouse Fishery
                    106lb 4oz, 17/08/2011 Laugherne Island pool, Cobhouse Fishery

Comment

Originally posted by Blueser View Post
                      Have you tried them connor? only i thought that before actually giving them a chance
                      Ive used middy pullas. and to be honest i much prefer the winders now im onto them.
                      [CENTER][B][SIZE=1]Connor Beresford[/SIZE][/B]
                      [COLOR="red"][B]Match and Coarse Fishing for Beginners and Juniors [/B][/COLOR]
                      [URL="www.castandhope.webs.com/"]Home - Cast and Hope Angling[/URL]
                      [COLOR="red"][B]Sonubaits 'Fin Perfect' Feed Pellet Review![/B][/COLOR][/CENTER]

Comment

Originally posted by connor View Post
                        Ive used middy pullas. and to be honest i much prefer the winders now im onto them.
                        try preston ones there much better and handy if your fishing light elastics like a double preston slip 4 or 6 if you hook a carp you
                        have a chance yet you won't bump loads of silvers........

Comment

Originally posted by Big Si View Post
                          try preston ones there much better and handy if your fishing light elastics like a double preston slip 4 or 6 if you hook a carp you
                          have a chance yet you won't bump loads of silvers........
                          Im with you Big Si

when i first saw them i thought 'what a load of rubbish' but i tell you what mate - i wouldnt be without em now!

Bump far less fish than i used to due to being able to start off very soft on the strike and initial run, then being able to fully control the tension as you play the fish all the way to the net!

Comment

best things ever invented light elastics small hooks get anything out with them

Comment

Originally posted by breamgod View Post
                              best things ever invented light elastics small hooks get anything out with them
                              Worst!

Comment

Working...
                              X