Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Daiwa Tournament Airity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daiwa Tournament Airity

Anyone had a wiggle of the new Daiwa pole the Tournament Airity??
    Simon Young
    Admin
    Talk Angling UK fishing chat and tackle
    web design Doncaster - Limitless Digital

i asked that question 3 weeks ago on this site in the other angling chat but i have a answer for you a good friend of mine brought an airity and sold me his torney i asked weather there is a difference between the pole and his words was he made a mistake selling the pro there is little between the two
    whiskey :rolleyes:

Comment

I've been told that by someone who's had a go , but the funny thing is , they'll sell loads to ex pro owners

Comment

Didnt look that special when it was on tight lines not held one but wouldnt buy another diawa pole had a tourny pro spares to expensive sold it bought a sensas which is just as good for half the price
        I want an end peg

Comment

The pro has been the best all round pole over the last 5 years and people would probably be hard pushed to disagree with that.
          Simon Young
          Admin

Comment

Your right on that one , Oneabung . I've owned the "X" , 410 and now the pro because the build quality is the best out there , but at the moment i see no need to swap to the airity

Comment

Originally posted by jay411 View Post
              Didnt look that special when it was on tight lines not held one but wouldnt buy another diawa pole had a tourny pro spares to expensive sold it bought a sensas which is just as good for half the price
              What a load of old tosh
              Team Mosella Black Country

Sex is like Poker.
              If you havnt got a good partner.
              Then you better have a good Hand

Comment

here, here

Comment

The only difference I am told with the Airity is the following -

Better spares package (5 x Match top 4's and 4 x Big Bore Power Tops)
                  No 4 and No 5 sections much improved stiffness which gives the overall pole impression of being better than the pro.
                  Also the Big Bore tops are a massive improvement on the old CTK5 power tops supplied with the Pro which weren't even worth having.

Otherwise the Airity is off the same mandrill as the pro so will appeal to Pro owners who's poles are wearing out as they can keep the old pole as a spares package for the new one. Also all tops from Pro fit the Airity, so you can see Daiwa's logic to appeal the the mass army of Pro owners.
                  Simon Young
                  Admin

Comment

Blimey ! is the tourny pro been out that long £2500 and they are wearing out
                    I want an end peg

Comment

I think the Pro has been out for at least 5 years - had mine 4 so unless someone can correct me!! Just goes to show that pole technology is at its limits now that the Pro is still just about the best out there for the all-round category. Obviously there are 10 times more poles that are good at 13M now than 5 years ago but they all still struggle to give you a pleasant experience at 16M+
                      Simon Young
                      Admin

Comment

Allthough no one admits it there does seem to be a bit of price fixing going on with the Airity, one shop is saying they will do them at 2700 but have none(not Rugby Tackle), rugby tackle advertised them at 2500 just to pee everyone off by the sound of it and they also had none.

Question is are Daiwa putting pressure on the retailer not to drop the price?

And then why do we the angler expect a discount anyway, could it be due to the duff retail price most manufacturers list?

Comment

I have spoken to Daiwa about the Airity directly, they had an initial shipment which were all snapped up. There may be a few shops that have them in but only one or two so if you want one you will have to snap it up quick. There is another shipment due in during February but that sounded vague to say the least - they then went on to say that the main shipment is coming in march ... so probably there will be a promotional price then like £2500 but unless you are lucky you aren't going to get one cheap until the summer.
                          Simon Young
                          Admin

Comment

i had a feel of one the other week, along side the pro, the airity is lighter and stiffer at all lengths, but it does take longer to recover once you strike! but by that time you are hopefully into a fish! definatly the better of the two,
                            Matt Smith
                            Bag'em matchbaits

Comment

Where are they shippng these poles in from?
                              Surely they are not made abroard?
                              Matt would you say it was £1000 better than the Pro mate.
                              Roll on friday

Comment

Working...
                              X