Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

line diameters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• line diameters

can anyone tell me if they know of any match lines with the correct diam that is printed on the box. i have been using preston power line this winter and have been told that the stated diam is well out.

Fox Micron is within 0.005 if I recall the test in Match Fishing correctly. Excellent line, similar to the now discontinued pro micron.
    [FONT="Arial Black"][SIZE="4"][I][COLOR="pink"]Team Teepot Match Group[/COLOR][/I][/SIZE][/FONT]

Comment

line diameter

thanks ile have a look at it.
      ive just looked on ebay for a micrometer. might get one. only around 10 quid.

Comment

I use the Sarfix DNA and its spot on.
        Simon Young
        Admin
        Talk Angling UK fishing chat and tackle
        web design Doncaster - Limitless Digital

Comment

Garbolino For everything. Sarfix DNA, Colmic mimitex, for hooklengths if you can get it!
          MATRIX HALIFAX

Comment

Originally posted by davidwhittington View Post
            Fox Micron is within 0.005 if I recall the test in Match Fishing correctly. Excellent line, similar to the now discontinued pro micron.
            I know that everyone's opinions differ but i was the biggest fan of pro micron and was gutted when it discontinued , but i dont go along with it been similar to the Fox stuff . I used it for a year or so and found that when shuffling shot that small niks would appear , it just didn't seem as smooth as pro , i now use daiwas G-line and this seems fine and i put that with Tubertinis hercules for hooklengths

Comment

Ultima power match is top notch stuff. Take a good look at their site Ultima UK - Ultimate Line Technology .Some interesting stuff on there ,regarding line diameters

Comment

told you ........these boys know there stuff Pete ,there aint a question they cant answer and if there is !!!!!!! they ask me.welcome to talk angling probably the best Angling forum on the WWW
                In darkness we do what we can
                In daylight we're oblivion

Comment

Pete K
                  Yes you have been correctly told about preston power line diameters but that dont make it a bad line mate just buy yourself that micrometer and use the line with your correct "miked up" diameters on the spool.
                  Have to agree with richie pro micron was the dogs

Comment

cant beat clarkson matchteam......top stuff

Comment

Working...
                    X