Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Fisherman's Friend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fisherman's Friend

Popped over to Fisherman's Friend at Kings Heath yesterday, to stock up on a few feeders, floats etc in preparation for the winter league.

I have to take my hat off to the guys in there, very helpful and it would appear that every bit of kit ever made will be hidden in there somewhere! They even managed to find me a replacement tip for my bomb rod that I've been looking for for a while.

They also ordered in some Garbolino Diego da Silva river floats I happened to mention I want to try!

Overall, very helpful, top marks.

Lets continue to push forward supporting tackle shops like this rather than always resorting to ebay. So what tackle shops do YOU use, and what are they like?
    [FONT="Arial Black"][SIZE="4"][I][COLOR="pink"]Team Teepot Match Group[/COLOR][/I][/SIZE][/FONT]

Personally I use Woodlands angling here in Adwick, Dec is a top bloke and can usually get most thing in for you - but more often than not these days I end up buying from the internet (maybe because I run a load of internet sites!) but I cant see a day when going to the tackle shop for a natter and a bit of banter can be beat!
    Simon Young
    Admin
    Talk Angling UK fishing chat and tackle
    web design Doncaster - Limitless Digital

Comment

wait till you buy some bait from there dave
      In darkness we do what we can
      In daylight we're oblivion

Comment

muddy waters in northfield ...he is a nice bloke in there and serves up some good deals

and g baits in birmingham city center the guy james in there is really helpful and answered anythign i needed to know and rung up shakespeare for a jrc bivvy about 8 times in 1 hour lol

and fishermans friend is a good shop got loads of arp terminal tackle and are helpfull there
        [COLOR="SeaGreen"]carp fisher!but its a bream![/COLOR]

Comment

mal storys are helpful

Comment

The blokes in fishermans freind are very good and their advice is top notch .
            http://www.polefloatsbyjasonelwell.co.uk/

Comment

Best if you want to try a pole. You have to stand in the street!

Comment

lol do what every one else does,,,,try it at fosters first!!!!!
                In darkness we do what we can
                In daylight we're oblivion

Comment

They are two good tackle shops Richard the co owner of fosters is a great bloke who will always have the time of day for his customers. Tim Guise and the lads at Fishermans Freind give out some great info and will always help you out.
                  Last edited by andy222; 20 August 2007, 10:41 PM.
                  http://www.polefloatsbyjasonelwell.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by scoucerman
                    mal storys are helpful

yea they are

they got me a jrc defender bivvy for £90

or offered me the defender brolley and over wrap for £90
                    [COLOR="SeaGreen"]carp fisher!but its a bream![/COLOR]

Comment

muddy waters in northfield or g baits in town best shops around and so helpful there unbelieveable!!!
                      lol
                      tight lines

Comment

Working...
                      X