Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Whips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whips

Have been looking on the net for some new whips for Roach fishing
    and almost every one you see described as whip is elatisicated,
    Its it driving me mad cos these arent whips at all just telescopic poles
    A true whip has a flick tip -to be used without elastic at all-like a rod without rings.

Am I the only person who gets wound up about this- cos ive wasted so much time looking at whips that arent whips at all--its doing my head in
    Bike racing, match angling pensioner.

i know what you mean mate, best to avoid ebay there are loads of what you have mentioned. there are a few used ones on there at the moment, depends on what sort of length you want, and how much you want to pay. i use whips a lot on the river, i have the daiwa sr3 8m system and a daiwa whisker 6m . i cant recommend the sr3 enough, its great for the price, spares are cheap aswell. but the classics like the harrier, conny , whisker ones can be picked up quite reasonable.
    :confused: WOW, things have changed.:confused:

Comment

Originally posted by mark(wilf) williams View Post
      i know what you mean mate, best to avoid ebay there are loads of what you have mentioned. there are a few used ones on there at the moment, depends on what sort of length you want, and how much you want to pay. i use whips a lot on the river, i have the daiwa sr3 8m system and a daiwa whisker 6m . i cant recommend the sr3 enough, its great for the price, spares are cheap aswell. but the classics like the harrier, conny , whisker ones can be picked up quite reasonable.
      I use 3.5m, 4m, 4.5 m, 5m I tend to buy longer ones and can use them at shorter lengths--if get a short one you are stuck with that length.

Comment

have a look at fishermans ad in match fishing mag - loads on there

Comment

Go for the older Daiwas, conny, harrier system whips they are still the best. I totally agree with you whips should have a flick tip & not be elasticated. cheers John
          John

Comment

Originally posted by lambrettasx200 View Post
            Go for the older Daiwas, conny, harrier system whips they are still the best. I totally agree with you whips should have a flick tip & not be elasticated. cheers John
            John,I just got hold of a 6m daiwa harrier whip off another site for £35,good price,that-couldn't resist. As you say guys whips should have a flick tip otherwise they're just telescopic poles.
            Team south- 2014 talk angling inter regional team champs
            Alwight tweacle?

Comment

I`m at present using a Diawa harrier system 6m, but never use it at that length use it at 3 , 4 and 5m.
              A Milo arborella 4.5 m a Preston 4.5 m and a very old Leeda 5m which i use at 4m.
              and they are all getting past thier best being broken and mended many times and the joints all badly worn and pulling through--so am looking to replace them, but am very wary about bying used ones as they could have worn joints too and I wouldnt be any better off.

Comment

I've got a 4m colmic whip,which is top quality,keep your eyes open for one of these.
                Team south- 2014 talk angling inter regional team champs
                Alwight tweacle?

Comment

got a sr3 which i do like but my favourite is my 6m shakey superteam -its great -1st 4 tele then 2 add ons very versatile- with a lovely flick tip

Comment

I use a "Browning Bob Nudd Legend" for about the last 10 - 12 years and the joints are as good as new. 6mtr pencil thin, light and stiff where it,s needed, one of the better whips

Comment

Sensas Rocket are good and supplied with flick tip. Nathans of Derby do them and i use 5 6 7 and 9, they are a good strong whip and you can swing 3/4 lb roach and skimmers with ease !! Only downside is they are fully telescopic. Bought a Daiwa SR 3 today , looks great, nice bit of reinforcing on some joints, very light at 5 metres and good wall strength. you get a spare hollow top 3 which could be used as is with a flick tip connector for heavier work. The tip supplied on the whip is a carbon solid flicktip.

Comment

remember having 2 leeda alborellas 6 metres with 7 and 8 extensions whch altho a bit heavey, wish id never sold !

Comment

My "power whip" would really annoy some of you. It's an old Abu Renegade and I love it. It's elasticated and rated to 14, it's put over not telescopic and it's up to 8m. However, it's a slim as any true whip I've ever encountered and a whole lot more versatile. It's damned near indestructible, as rogue carp up to around fifteen pounds have demonstrated in the past. It's one of the best bits of kit I've ever bought and I'd not swap it for anything.

Comment

Working...
                          X